Sheer Logic Management Consultants is seeking to engage dynamic individuals for an Agronomist Position for one of our clients.
Contract duration: 1 year
- Coordinate purchase seeds, seedlings, plant nutrients, planting of crops, disease and pest control chemicals and greenhouse care equipment.
- Ensure that water and nutrients are available for feeding the plants
- Keep inventory (beneficiaries’ companies, attendance, issues etc) of work done per greenhouse
- Detect plants as well as problems such as diseases and insect pests.
- Assign work schedules and duties to beneficiaries and supervise their work, tour work areas to observe work being done, inspect crops, and evaluate plant and medium conditions.
- Apply pesticides and fertilizers to plants as per the schedule.
- Develop/review and enforce safety regulations and policies.
- Inspect facilities and equipment for signs of repair, and perform necessary maintenance work.
- Ensure that bills (land leases, electricity, water etc) are paid
- Prepare and submit weekly reports to your supervisor
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Technical knowledge- knowledge of agronomy, agribusiness and hydroponic systems
- Administration and Management – Knowledge of business and management principles involved in planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Production and Processing – Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective production
- Customer Service – Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- People management – Motivating, developing, and directing beneficiaries as they work.
- Coordination – Adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions.
- Monitoring – Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Time Management – Managing one’s own time and the time of others.
- Management of Material Resources – Obtaining and seeing to the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed to do certain work.
- Management of Financial Resources – Determining how money will be spent to get the work done, and accounting for these expenditures.
- Daily Responsibilities: Ensure timely feeding of plants
- Inspection of each greenhouse to detect any pest and/diseases and corrective action taken
- Review records of beneficiaries’ daily attendance and work done per greenhouse per
- Prepare daily progress report
- Manage relationships with colleagues, beneficiaries and other stakeholders
- Infighting among beneficiaries and /or infighting between beneficiaries and the managers
Academic & Professional Credentials
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agronomy/ Agriculture/Agribusiness
How to Apply
Send your Cv to firstname.lastname@example.org by 13th March 2020.
Please indicate the Job title “Agronomist”