Bible Translation & Literacy E.A (BTL)
Opportunity to Serve: Head Chef
BTL, a Christian faith-based organisation, involved in Language Development, Bible Translation, Literacy and Community Development among minority languages of Kenya, is seeking to recruit a highly motivated, ministry minded individual and born again Christian with a good standing, demonstrated spiritual maturity, integrity and a calling to serve to fill the position below in our Christian International Conference Center (CICC) – Ruiru.
Reporting to the Catering & Accommodation Manager, The Head Chef will be responsible for all food production including that used for restaurants, banquet functions, outside catering and other outlets.
Develop menus, food purchase specifications and standard recipes. Supervise Kitchen staff.
Develop and monitor food and labor budget for the department.
Maintain highest professional food quality and sanitation standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring promptness, freshness and quality of dishes for both a la carte and buffet menus.
- Organizing & Coordinating tasks of the kitchen team.
- Employ measures to achieve & maintain ideal/desired food cost percentage as per the industry standards.
- Employ HACCAP principles to ensure food safety & wholesomeness.
- Implementing hygiene policies and examining equipment for cleanliness.
- Designing new recipes, planning menus and selecting modes of food presentation.
- Reviewing staffing levels to meet service, operational and financial objectives.
- Assist in hiring and training kitchen staff, such as cooks, food preparation workers and dishwashers.
- Performing administrative tasks, taking stock of food and equipment supplies, and doing purchase orders.
- Setting SOPs, monitoring & reviewing performance for the various Kitchen staff.
- Obtaining feedback on food and service quality, and handling customer concerns and complaints.
- At least a 3-year Diploma in F & B production/Culinary arts.
- At least 3 years of proven work experience as a head chef in a busy formal hospitality establishment
- Excellent record of kitchen management
- Ability to spot and resolve problems efficiently
- Excellent Communication, Leadership and delegation skills
- Keep up with cooking trends and best practices
- Working knowledge of various computer software programs (MS Office, restaurant management software, POS).
How to Apply
Applications with a detailed CV, copies of certificates, and three referees (Professional, Social and Church), Office and mobile telephone contacts for both applicant and referees be emailed (Preferred) or posted to reach the under mentioned by 15th March 2020
Human Resources Manager
Bible Translation & Literacy E.A
P. O. Box 44456 – 00100,
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted