Ruaraka Uhai Neema Hospital
Job Title: Clinical Officer
Job Summary: This position is responsible for providing efficient, effective, quality clinical services to patients following established treatment protocols.
- Provide comprehensive and good quality clinical services to patients.
- Take/review the patients history to ascertain the right clinical examinations and treatment.
- Diagnose and institute appropriate treatment, write prescriptions, and carry out other treatment activities while ensuring that established treatment protocols are effectively followed.
- Confirm any questionable and notifiable diseases and report them to the medical officer in charge.
- Ensure effective clinical procedures, rules, regulations which are consistent with organization procedures.
- Perform minor surgical operations.
- Participate in specific drug therapies e.g. cytotoxic drugs etc.
- In collaboration with the medical and nursing team receive and attend to patients who require emergency services
- Handle referrals from subordinate health facilities.
- When necessary, arrange for patient referrals or consultations to other health facilities for specialty or higher-level management.
- Accompany patients on referrals as needed.
- Participate in outreaches or other activities such as health talks or community programs.
- Handle patient data/ information confidentially at all times.
- Prepare the weekly plans/schedules and reports.
- Ensure that the clinic environment is safe and complies with infection control standards.
- Maintain confidentiality of all activities to preserve dignity of patients.
- Document all aspects of patient care and maintain accurate and complete medical records.
- Collaborate with other members of the clinical team in improving patient care.
- Actively participate in clinical training programs, including on-job trainings and skills building.
- Carry out any other duties and responsibilities which may be assigned by the management from time to time.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Level of Education
- KSCE with a minimum grade C
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine.
Specialized Training / Professional Qualifications
- Specialist qualifications appropriate to the area of specialty.
- Valid registration certificate and practicing license from the Clinical Officers Council of Kenya.
Competencies / Abilities / Skills Required
- Must be diligent, honest and responsible
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good spoken and written English and Kiswahili.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Organized and self-directing.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
Relevant Job Experience
- At least three (3) years’ experience in a similar position
Applications to be submitted through firstname.lastname@example.org.
The applications to reach us not later than 3rd April,2020.