Co-operative Bank of Kenya
Are you looking for an employer who promotes individual excellence and mutual respect in a team-driven culture with a key focus on social empowerment?
The Co-operative Bank of Kenya, “The Kingdom Bank” is the place for those looking to new horizons.
If you are an IT professional who understands and applies knowledge of the services function, business unit, brand, large country or regional objectives in designing and implementing IT solutions, then come join our growing ICT team as an Enterprise Architect.
Your primary role is to ensure that respective business, application, data and technology perspectives are in line with the Banks’s digital transformation Enterprise Architecture Framework, technology and governance strategies, policies and standards.
You will also interpret, use and apply information contained within ICT architecture to inform a range of business improvement activities, particularly those involved in the innovation, design, development, implementation, enhancement and maintenance of ICT systems to meet current and anticipate changing customer needs.
The successful jobholder will be expected to:
- Responsible for the development and implementation of Digital Enterprise Architecture Framework that aligns new and existing processes and systems for data driven innovative digital products and services critical to retaining and attracting customers in an increasing competitive market.
- Develop and implement an orchestration layer to handle all client and partner related processes and information, that orchestrates between the customer layer, the back –end (core systems) and partner ecosystems (Telcos, FinTechs, B2B integration, API management and Open Banking); customer and employee engagement layer – Omni-Channel, customer facing platforms – mobile, internet, branch and self-service.
- Review the architecture of key systems on a need basis to ensure they have capacity to handle business transactions growth
- Recommend and participate in the analysis, evaluation and development of enterprise long-term strategic and operating plans to ensure that the Enterprise Architecture objectives are consistent with the Banks’s long-term business objectives.
- Design and develop complex high quality enterprise and solution architectures in response to varying organizational requirements.
- Recommend and participate in activities related to the design, development and maintenance of the Enterprise Architecture/ICT architecture.
- Recommend and participate in the development of architecture blueprints and roadmaps for related systems.
- Share best practices, lessons learned and constantly update the technical system architecture requirements based on changing technologies, and knowledge related to recent, current and up-coming vendor products and solutions.
- Collaborate with all relevant parties in order to review the objectives and constraints of each solution and determine conformance with the Enterprise Architecture. Recommends the most suitable technical architecture and defines the solution at a high level.
- Ensure that the overall ICT architecture is maintained in a coherent manner and that appropriate considerations are made for its security and quality.
- Utilize in-depth knowledge of leading-edge products and technology in conjunction with industry and business skills to influence functional strategy.
- Utilize high level analytical ability and creativity to analyze complex/new situations, anticipate potential problems and future trends, assess opportunities, impacts and risks while developing and implementing plans and solution deliverables to customer problems.
- Provides guidance to team members (Project managers, Architects, Developers, and other IT Specialists, among others) in area of new and complex implementation and/or management tools and techniques.
- Ensure architectural documentation relating to current implementations, prototyping, performance testing and providing growth and scalability plans for the system, provide production Support as well as design and deployment of advanced collaboration platforms within an Enterprise soft skills.
- Ensure knowledge management, this will involve participating in, and/or being responsible for the creation, harvesting, protection, and reuse Co-operative Bank’s intellectual capital. This will also include actively participating in knowledge sharing activities like communities of practice, forums, conferences and/or other knowledge exchanges.
Qualifications, Skills & Attributes
- Bachelor’s (Master’s preferred) Degree in an IT, engineering or related discipline.
- Expert knowledge across multiple Platforms, Processes and IT Architecture.
- At least 5 years’ experience in Technology infrastructure design and planning.
- TOGAF certification will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrated experience in working with or leading a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) or Microservices Architecture (MSA) integration environment, migration and Agile delivery framework.
- Strong background in understanding organizational resources, priorities, needs and policies, and use of the same in developing ICT strategies and solutions.
- Analytical with good project management and team leadership skills.
- Excellent Presentation, communication and negotiation skills.
- Knowledge in the use of notable industry tools.
How to Apply
If you are confident that you fit the role and person profile and you are keen to add value to your career then please forward your application enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com indicating the job reference number EA/SSD/2020 by 27th March, 2020.
We are an equal opportunity employer.