Vacancy: Cost Accountant
Location: Industrial Area, Nairobi
Who are we?
We are a fast-growing manufacturing company dealing with packaging material seeking to hire a competent Cost Accountant whose sole responsibility is to assist the management in improving the efficiency of operations by directing activities of product costing before and after production, manufacturing analysis and inventory valuation.
- Prepare detailed cost reports to identifying key overspends and variances and identifying opportunities of improvements
- Prepare product quotations to customers while considering the raw material costing, volumes, manufacturing method, contribution margin and gross profit margin
- To mobilize, coordinate and participate in stock take activities at the end of every month and share reports on the same
- Ensure that financial controls are in place and all systems and procedures are adhered to regarding the production process
- To work closely with the production department to ensure that raw materials, machine usage (as per machine KPI), labor and final products are as planned.
- Prepare weekly COGs report within minimum or no errors
- Analyze actual productions costs and prepare periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs
- To ensure that all invoices and credit notes are accurate and relevant as per orders.
- Record all cost information that will be used in controlling the expenditures of the company
- Maintain a daily production record that should agree with inventory and daily sales
- Prepare actual vs planned budget analysis through preparation of financial analysis reports related to manufacturing costs, inventory and expense information for various customers.
- Any other duty assigned from time to time.
Who are you?
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting / Finance or a related field of study.
- CPAK Holder
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in the manufacturing industry
- Knowledge of Quick books
- Advanced Excel knowledge
- Ability to prepare accurate reports and good presentation skills
- Good analytical and decision-making skills
- Flexible and able to work under pressure
How to Apply
If you possess the above skills and are up to the task, APPLY HERE on or before 21st March 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted