Position: Country Manager (Consumer Electronics)
Our Client, a Global leader in the latest innovations in home appliances, consumer electronics and mobile communications to business innovations in digital signage, air conditioning, solar and LED lighting is urgently looking to recruit a versatile and enthusiastic Country Manager.
The successful candidate will be responsible for growing the team spanning business development, marketing and operations capabilities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
He/she will play an integral role in strategy formulation and manage overall country company direction and other matters by performing the following duties;
- Own the country P&L and regularly drive commercial optimization to improve upon it.
- With growth as the primary KPI, look for strategic partnerships to scale customer acquisition and brand equity.
- Work as an integral member of the management team and present a country perspective to guide the commercial and product strategy.
- Lead the commercial servicing team in the retention and commercial growth of the existing client base.
- Develop a clear sales and marketing strategy and plan in alignment with global/regional objectives.
- Leading the commercial and operations management and teams to continually identify Business Process Improvement for future growth based on client/market needs.
- Provide a foundation for uplifting brand equity and accomplish profitable growth through improving price position and solidifying production line-up which cover the total process innovation from marketing, product development, purchasing, sales, logistics, and financial management/provide value added product and service to the customers with competitive price in a timely manner and increasing market share
- Ensuring the effective management of all branches and channels of distribution for executing the operational plan and achieving business objectives
- Pursuing prudent credit management practices for mitigating the risk of doing business across distribution channels
- Initiate & develop annual marketing plan/s as per the strategy & guidelines set and agreed with your direct management and regional marketing team; follow-up on implementation; and report back progress & any recommendations to change or amend.
- Planning & executing marketing activities such as demand creation, tactical trade promotions, bundling and packaging of services
- Establish and communicate necessary KPIs (key performance indicators) for all Market segments, Trade & Consumer related projects and activities; and report back on Achievements vs. Objectives set.
- Ensuring and establishing that services such as pre and post-sales support, warranties and logistics services are provided to the channels to ensure end-to-end value-added package to customers.
- Establish assortment and product price positioning in-line with the company’s marketing policy and according to the local market expectations based on distribution market and head-on competitor pricing to aid product planning
- Implementing demand generation activities targeted at end user, conducting channel meets and training program on products.
- Lead the management team to continually improve Career Development and Learning and Development planning for all staff.
- Coordinate ongoing company financial performance in line with targets and budgets.
- Resolving any contractual or operational issues to increase customer satisfaction whilst improving our client’s product sales strategy in Tanzania.
- Present our client’s value proposition in press, tech forums and other platforms/ Event coordination
- Other duties and responsibilities assigned as per business needs.
Key Competencies & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or any other related field from a recognized institution.
- Must have at least 5 years of extensive industry experience and knowledge of the consumer electronics sales in East Africa (especially Tanzania, Zambia) market is highly desirable with additional background working at a Korean company.
- Solid grounding in consumer electronics product management and development.
- Evidenced in partnering with senior clients to positively challenge and disrupt to identify the key issues and provide effective solutions to deliver financial objectives
- Demonstrable evidence of delivering successful and profitable outcomes through strategic ability to develop effective business plans.
- Demonstrate strong leadership and be able to work well within a highly matrix structure.
- Possess strong experience in project/process management and operations.
- Should also be willing to travel frequently across East Africa.
- Must be a visionary, future-focused business leader adept at engaging and influencing at C-level.
- Exposure to multi-stakeholder management and high growth environments would be preferred.
If you’re up to the challenge, kindly send CV and cover letter only to email@example.com before close of business 25th March 2020.
Clearly indicate the position applied for and expected salary on the subject line.