Job Title: Database Administrator
- Create database structures (views, tables, indexes etc) required to support business systems;
- Write and optimize database queries;
- Maintain database performance and security by setting and enforcing standards and controls;
- Prepare for database expansion by studying plans and requirements; advising senior technical management; coordinating design and programming;
- Keeps senior technical management informed by preparing reports on system performance and problems;
- Upgrade cloud infrastructure and software by assessing transaction processing and database production options;
- Maintain database performance by troubleshooting problems;
- Accomplish platform upgrades and improvements;
- Secure database by developing and implementing policies, procedures, and controls;
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Diploma in Information Technology or equivalent;
- Professional qualifications in database management ;
- 5 years of practical experience in Database Management, Database Design and Database reporting;
- Ability to present technical information to technical and non-technical audiences;
- Verified knowledge and experience in one or more database systems including SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Mongo DB;
- Basic understanding of Information Security;
- Enthusiasm to continually improve skills and learn new technologies;
- The Database Administrator may be required to work overnight and weekends to resolve urgent technical incidents or to make changes at a time that causes least disruption to customers.
How to Apply
Send your updated CV to email@example.com by 12th March 2020.
Clearly indicate the job title.