Directline Assurance Company Limited
We are looking for a motivated and qualified professional to fill the position of Head of Investigations.
Overall Purpose of the Job: The Head of Investigations is responsible for managing and providing leadership to the Investigations department, ensuring that all investigative systems and reporting are conducted and delivered in an accurate and timely manner.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Management and coordination
- Assist the Managing Director in his/her supervisory, managerial and co-ordination of duties in the investigation Departments.
- Supervise and co-ordinate the staff and activities of the investigation Departments and ensuring that the highest quality of service is rendered to the company and the staffs comply with the company policies and guidelines.
- Conduct objective, fair, thorough, unbiased and timely investigations into allegations of fraud, waste or abuse committed by clients against our company
- Road traffic accident investigation and reconstruction with the objective of establishing the correct position on liability and reducing the incidences of fraud or manipulation of data.
- Initiate and maintain excellent relationships with police, law enforcement agencies and any other institutions involved in the provision of claim documents.
- Ensures that all relevant evidence to defend the Company’s position is obtained.
- Conduct objective and timely investigations into allegations of fraud as well as implement strategies to enable early fraud detection
- Review and analyze various accident and claim patterns and create investigation strategies on this basis.
- Ensure investigation department meets its objectives in accordance with company strategy.
- Maintain an up-to-date working knowledge of criminal and civil law and disseminate any relevant changes in law or procedure as appropriate.
- Improve investigation capabilities the existing team.
- Ensure high quality and accuracy of investigation reports.
- Review and research evidence/documents to analyse the overall fact pattern of claim and synthesize data into a professional report with recommendations
- Manage and co-ordinate Assessment of the accident vehicle within 48 hours by the internal assessors.
- Prepare and coordinate field assignments to obtain relevant evidence and information.
- Coordinate with internal legal team to provide deposition strategies.
- Participate in the recruitment and training of quality members of staff in the Investigation departments and ensure that effective succession plan is in place within the department.
Audit the quality of investigations reports, ensure accuracy of the content obtained therein is sufficient and can be relied in court.
- Creating and maintaining good and professional relationships between the company and the police and other important sources of investigation information.
- Formulate and implement strategies to enable early fraud detection and ensure that the fraudulent claims are effectively addressed within the company’s policies and Guidelines and providing effective guidance towards a successful defence in court.
- Facilitate the procurement of relevant documentary evidence and witnesses required for court attendance at least fourteen (14) days before the court hearing date.
- Manage the investigation administrators and ensure all instructions issued by claims and legal department, law firm are received and forwarded to the relevant investigators within 24hrs.
- To ensure that the progress report on outstanding instructions is constantly updated daily and correct data is posted on the system.
- To follow up on outstanding investigation instructions and ensure that reports are submitted at least 2 weeks before the hearing date.
- To approve facilitation fees/transport/per Diem and accommodation for both medical and investigation department.
- Carry out Investigations and reconstruction of Major accidents. To also assist investigators where issues have been escalated to your attention by Regional Managers/Claims Director/Managing Director.
- To ensure Morning call up by investigators is done every morning and Daily accident report.
- Ensure all incidents that occurred in a given day is compiled and forwarded at end of each day. Information should be obtained from any other sources i.e. Hospitals, Vigilance House.
- Oversee preparation of any necessary reports that may be required by the Claims and/or Managing Director on the Investigation Departments.
- Oversee preparation of weekly/monthly performance reports of the Departmental staff.
- Review of investigations IT system and workflow and making recommendations on modification.
- Co-ordinate and oversee relevant training.
- Promote, develop and extend the business of the company and at all times and in all respects conform to and comply with the proper and Reasonable directions and regulations of the board and/or Management.
- Any other responsibilities that will be communicated from time to time.
- Master’s degree preferably MBA will be an added advantage
- University degree in Criminology & Security Studies, Forensic Audit or equivalent from an institution recognized by Commission for Higher Education
- MUST have at least eight (8) years relevant working experience preferably in the insurance industry, five (5) of which must be at senior management level.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of contemporary investigative practices and reporting
- Department strategy formulation and execution
- Crime Scene Management
- Supervisory and leadership skills managing team/department performance and staff
Skills and Attributes
- High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills
- High integrity and ethical level; Able to maintain utmost confidentiality of information in their possession
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, negotiation and presentation skills
- Self-motivated, confident and outgoing personality
- Have great attention to detail and able to get things done to completion
If you qualify for the above advertised role, kindly send us a detailed CV and Application Letter clearly demonstrating your fit as per the roles & responsibilities and the person specifications (academic/professional qualifications, experience, skills & attributes) listed above.
Applications that do not conform to the Application Instructions will not be considered.
Kindly send your application documents to email@example.com to reach us on or before 5.00pm Friday, 20th March 2020.