Deutsche Stiftung Weltbevölkerung (DSW)
Terms of Reference for an IT Consultant
About DSW: Deutsche Stiftung Weltbevölkerung (DSW) is a global development organisation that focuses on the needs and potential of the largest youth generation in history. We are committed to creating demand for and access to sexual and reproductive health information, services, supplies, and economic empowerment for young people. We achieve this by engaging in advocacy, capacity development, and reproductive health initiatives and empowering young people to lead healthy and self-determined lives.
DSW Kenya was established in May 2000 in Nairobi. It has additional offices in Mombasa and Kitale with active programme interventions in 16 counties: Bungoma, Embu, Busia, Kakamega, Kilifi, Kwale, Laikipia, Meru, Mombasa, Nairobi, Nakuru, Nandi, Nyandarua, Trans Nzoia, Uasin Gishu, and West Pokot.
Background: DSW seeks to engage an IT consultant who can help with the maintenance of the organizations software and hardware systems. The consultant is to help the organization with analysing and diagnosing the IT infrastructure, understanding the IT needs and implementing technological solutions.
Required outputs will be to;
- Provide support for office ICT operations as required.
- New workstation setup and training for users on the systems set up on new workstations
- Local area network (LAN) management and troubleshooting
- Monitoring ICT systems and troubleshoot any incidences affecting service availability
- Liaise with the Head of Administration and service providers for escalations.
- Ensure all users have access to peripheral devices like; – printers and scanners.
- Audits of Laptops software in terms of updates, performance etc.
Knowledge and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology / Computer science or any related field
- Comptia A+, N+, an added advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of PC/LAN operating systems.
- Hardware and software troubleshooting skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Flexible person and ready to work at odd hours.
- Team player.
- Works under minimum supervision.
- Ability to multitask.
Duration: You will be required to offer your services on a need basis. There may be times when your services may be required for an unspecified duration given the task in hand for example if there is system troubleshooting.
- Verifiable plan on how you can conduct the assignment(s).
- Clear verification of how to support staff especially those in the field/field office.
- Consultant’s rate in KES per month of service.
The consultancy fee will be paid monthly for the duration of the contract as per the negotiated/agreed rate.
Organizational and Personnel Capacity Statement
- Relevant experience related to the assignment.
- Contacts of organizations previously offered similar services.
- Curriculum Vitae of proposed team members.
Interested firms or individuals are requested to submit a bid dossier.
The dossier as well as any inquiries shall be submitted through email by March 12, 2020 to email@example.com with the title “IT consultant” in the subject line.