A well-established Group of Companies in East Africa are looking for an Environment Health Safety Manager to lead their environmental, health, safety, security and compliance department.
- Group Environmental, Health, Safety, Security Policy Definition
- Implement IFC Standards Policies, Kenyan statutory compliance and requirements into detailed working instructions to be incorporated into the site/ units Health and Safety management systems
- Define the standards for Health and Safety risk assessments to be completed by each business unit within the Group
- Complete sample audits (External & Internal) of Basic risk assessments
- Working with external health and safety auditors and attend all depot audits and action any improvements as necessary compliance and action-planning with CEO’s
- Define the standards for Health and Safety and drive change projects to improve performance
- Coach teams through HSE-related incident investigations to ensure there is no risk to people and incorporate learnings into future operational practices, managing the accident, incident, near miss and hazard processes and procedures
- Lead the sites/ units in delivery of the HSE plan and compliance to requirements
- Active involvement in the reduction of risk through continual improvement
- Play a leadership role within manufacturing, personally role-modelling behaviours and own performance required to achieve the site’s/ unit’s objectives
- Support and develop the performance of individual business units within the Group utilising performance management monitoring tools and techniques
- Ensure the training of our team is delivered to the correct standard.
- Bi-monthly walk around audits for all key depots to ensure all staff are working to company practices and to highlight actions for improvement and ensure that these are closed out in a timely manner.
- Track clinic data report on a monthly basis
- Draft forms, templates, and local statutory compliance where required.
- Responsible for planning the Emergency Response within the Group
- Management of the vendor/ service provider Security Guard Force and related matters
- Provide advice, guidance and assistance on operational security issues (including physical security, personal security)
- Managing security data and Access Control, CCTV and incident management systems
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience with at least 5 years in senior leadership roles in relevant fields.
- University equivalent qualification in a relevant discipline including management, health and safety management, security management, risk management, engineering, or relevant professional qualifications.
- Certifications relevant to the role are desired.
- Experience working in complex and/or group environments and in Africa in particular
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills;
- Ability to work within a diverse team as well as to work independently.
- Computer literacy and information management skills.
- Strong analytical skills and decision-making
- Must hold a valid driving licence
- Proven record in clear and concise report writing
- Flexible and capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously
Application deadline: 10th March 2020