Job Vacancy: Grants & Compliance Officer
Duration: 6 Months
Deadline for submission: 20th March 2020
Context: Faith to Action Network is a global interfaith network of more than 100 Bahai, Buddhist, Christian, Confucian, Hindu and Muslim faith organizations, we focus on issues that faith actors are grappling with, including sexual and reproductive health and family planning; gender equality and women’s rights; pluralism and understanding.
We combine innovative, evidence- and faith-backed community-based programming with national, regional and international dialogue and advocacy to influence change at all levels. We meet international standards of quality and accountability and ensure the relevance of our interventions to the everyday lives of faith communities.
Faith to Action Network is works on three thematic areas namely Sexual Reproductive Health and rights (SRHR), Gender justice and women rights and finally peace and co-existence. We implement our programs in collaboration with our network members.
A key focus area for Faith to Action Network is to build the capacity of its downstream partners in good Governance, Financial Management, Budgeting and Accountability.
Purpose of the Role
The role is to strengthen partner policies and financial management processes to ensure that resources are used more effectively, efficiently and equitably. The successful candidate will ensure full compliance with donor rules and requirements, and that the implementation of projects aligns with organizations set standards and policies.
The person will be responsible for donor financial reporting timeliness, quality and accuracy, ensuring that the financial reporting is in line with the program activities and that the program budget is expended in line with the donor requirements and expectations.
- Review partner finance, operations, HR and procurement policies to identify areas of improvement.
- Review financial records to check for compliance with donor regulations and organization policies
- Assess the continuing adequacy of Faith to Action Network partners’ operating accounting systems and related financial controls in projects to confirm if the accounting information generated by them is reliable and if financial controls have operated satisfactorily.
- Establish the physical existence of all donor funded project assets per the asset register, their conditions and locations.
- Ascertain Whether partner systems, procedures and controls enable the partners to discharge its contractual obligations to donors including its financial and project management obligations.
- Review partners reports to ensure they are well supported, are allowable, reasonable and allocable per donor requirements and that GAAP are observed.
- Prepare as required projects budget from time to time for submission to donors.
- Monitor budget spending for all projects and ensure that budget expending is in line with project deliverables and institute corrective measures where necessary.
- Prepare and submit financial reports per donor and organizational requirements within the stipulated time frame
- Lead in the regular monitoring of partners for compliance and expenditure reviews.
- Carry out necessary training of finance and non-finance staff to ensure that donor requirements are met.
- Ensure that effective training Programs in financial management are designed for organizations boards, projects coordinators and accounting staff,
- Contribute to the design of financial reporting formats that provide analysis and financial performance indicators for partners
- Advise and monitor quality standards and value for money and make recommendations for improvement.
- Follow up on the implementation of audit recommendations and management actions.
- Where necessary, carry out investigations of alleged fraud, mismanagement, loss of assets or any other investigation.
- For each assignment, prepare a written report to present findings and conclusions to management.
- Perform other related duties as assigned and agreed upon
- Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy, Finance (Master’s degree will be an added advantage)
- Minimum 6 years of relevant experience in financial accounting or internal auditing in NGOs.
- Full accounting professional qualification – Chartered/Certified Accountant (CPA, ACCA) or other comparable/equivalent qualification
- A combination of audit experience and operating accounting experience would be ideal.
- Experience of working with Local/International NGOs
- A good understanding of financial controls.
- Proven ability to resolve issues and problems
- Should be a self-starter, highly motivated and adaptable
- Proven communications skills, both oral and written
- Computing competence in Word, Excel, PowerPoint;
- Ability to meet deadlines.
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit their applications (CV and cover letter) to HR@faithtoactionetwork.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Incomplete applications will be rejected.
Faith to Action Network is an equal opportunity employer.