Job Title: Sales Executive
Industry: Freight & Forwarding
Job Role: Improve an organization’s market position and achieve financial growth, build key customer relationships, identify business opportunities, negotiate and close business deals and maintain extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
Manage existing clients and ensure they stay satisfied and positive.
Grow and retain existing accounts by presenting new solutions and services to clients.
Strategic planning and development of the sales pipeline of new business coming into the company.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business.
- Ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization.
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Plan client approaches and pitches.
- Work with a team to develop proposals that speak to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion.
- Client Retention
- Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships.
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs.
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
- Develop and generate new business opportunities and acquisition of new projects and project bids
- Ability to effectively communicate and interface with team members as well as executive level management and clients
- Support management in evaluating new business opportunities by providing analysis
- Manage, support, and supervise the business development department responsible for Presales & Technical support
- Set sales targets and define strategy to achieve these targets and to follow the set strategy punctually.
- Manage the proposal development process and maintain the time-lines for the proposal teams.
- Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM or other sales management system.
- Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met by the team.
- Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets.
- Ensure all team members represent the company in the best light.
- Present business development training and mentoring to business developers and other internal staff.
- Research and develop a thorough understanding of the company’s people and capabilities.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent selling, negotiating skills and presentation skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Time management and organizational skills
- Results- oriented and self-motivated
- Track record of ongoing success in sales and business development with a strong network of contacts and referral base
- A degree in Marketing. A postgraduate degree is an added advantage
- At least 6 years’ experience required in Freight industry sales or Business Development in Freight industry
- Proven sales management experience, together with a good record of achieving targets.
- Experience of managing multiple customers across geographies.
Interested candidates are invited to strictly email their cover letter and CV, to firstname.lastname@example.org before the end of day 28th March 2020.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted