Job Title: Managing Director – Haltons
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Reporting Line: Board reporting with to the Global CEO & Board
Our client, a leading healthcare that integrates technology to provide innovative healthcare solutions to the African Market seeks to on-board a strategic minded and commercially driven business leader for a Managing Director role.
The individual will be responsible for transforming and growing the business to significantly increase the patients / customer base in Kenya.
The position holder will oversee all aspects of the business, leading and building a team capable of achieving demanding growth and profitability targets including collaborating with global functions to explore operational synergies to maximize results.
- Strategic leadership: Align the Kenyan business with the overall organization’s strategic direction. Drive both short and long term strategic actions to ensure delivery against targets. Ensure organizational structure is aligned with the strategy and team is right to ensure delivery;
- Financial Management: Oversee the preparation and review of the annual budget, financial forecasts and delivery of the financial results while ensuring they are aligned to business strategy;
- Stakeholder Management: Build and cultivate good relationships with the key stakeholders internally and externally including the local regulators in the industry. Form working relationships with the MDs in the various countries the organization operates in to foster information sharing;
- Operational Excellence: Work with the business unit Heads to drive execution of the organization’s strategy, objectives and achievement of the set KPIs and business objectives.
- Performance management: Transform all aspects of the business to deliver overall revenue and profitability targets. Review branch network and build as necessary to strengthen footprint and delivery on targets;
- Budget management: Work with the global management team to develop the budget for the Kenyan business in line with the key strategic initiatives. Manage the overall budget and cash, including CAPEX, in cooperation with the Board and Global CEO;
- Infrastructure oversight: Lead the streamlining of functional processes and infrastructure to ensure alignment to the overall strategy;
- People Management & Development: Provide leadership to the team to ensure alignment and drive cohesion. Work with the senior management team to ensure development of the team for efficient delivery of the organization’s mandate;
- Compliance & Risk Management: Work with regulatory parties to secure the required compliance and influence to the benefit of patients / customers. Lead the adherence to key compliance issue in the organization as well as the development and implementation of policies, standard operating procedures and control systems across the organization to ensure compliance.
- Strategic Thinking and Leadership;
- Strong Business Acumen;
- Results Oriented;
- Customer Focus;
- Problem Solving and Analytical Skills;
- People Development & Management.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related field. Master’s Degree in business is an added advantage;
- 10+ years’ experience in leadership roles across commercial businesses – B2C / B2B. Preferably across countries;
- Strong Healthcare/Pharmaceutical experience is a bonus
- Track-record of transforming and managing a business or large team. Previous Profit and loss responsibility is desirable,
- Demonstrated ability in building and effectively managing large and diverse teams, and putting the appropriate processes and infrastructure in place to drive growth within a high-growth company
- Proven ability to attract, develop and retain high-level talent;
- Experience in managing a retail business is a plus;
- Ability to operate as a senior leader and influence go to market and company strategy.
How to Apply
If you are qualified and up to the challenge, please CLICK HERE to apply online by 5pm Monday 23rd March 2020.
Kindly attach your CV in word format.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.