Job Title: Head of Operations and Business
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Job Purpose: – To develop and market banking products and services to potential clients, mobilize deposits, build a high-quality assets portfolio and oversee the designing of policies, customer service and implementing operational efficiency solutions.
- Developing the banks finance strategy and objectives.
- Providing financial leadership to the bank.
- Implementing sound financial accounting policies to achieve bank’s strategic objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish and review key operational risk indicators/key control standards and formulate action plans to minimize the Bank’s exposure to fraud and losses.
Manage the Bank’s operational risk exposure by supporting the Business to identify areas of operational risk exposure and by developing and implementing corrective action.
Design, develop and keep updated the Banks’ Operations Manual and ensure compliance to all operational guidelines, processes and procedures.
Responsible for re-engineering business processes to improve customer service, cost effectiveness and controls.
Ensure compliance with Regulatory requirements relating to Banking Operations.
Ensure that effective documentation is in place, in the form of user guides and implement operational improvements to reduce operational costs, tighten controls, and improve service quality and customer service.
Manage the Banking Operations Department (staff and budget).
Propose cost-effective business expansion and revenue generation strategies and plans of action.
Formulate marketing plans/strategies towards targeting the current and potential customers for the purpose of acquiring deposits and providing financing.
Identify and segment target market and develop new business to broad base the portfolio and pursue growth opportunities.
Build and maintain a high-quality portfolio of business banking clients, monitor the Business Banking asset book to ensure good quality and reduce losses due to default.
Ensure adequate customer retention strategies are employed to attain growth from existing customers.
Keep close watch on competition’s activities and update senior management to prepare action plan to counter Competition’s business strategy.
Enhance the Bank’s profitability through funded and non-funded income and management of costs.
Provide leadership roles to both business and Operations staff.
Qualifications, experience and skills
- At least Five (5) years in Banking, at least two (2) of which should be in the position of Senior Management in Business and Operations Departments.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Banking, Business, Finance or related area.
- Post graduate degree or Project Management Certification will be added advantage.
- Knowledge of data analytics and reporting
- Excellent organizational and leadership ability.
- Proven abilities in decision making.
- Proven communication skills and fluency in the English language.
- Knowledge of business segments and economic/industry sectors and risks relating to the segments and ability to grow business.
- Thorough knowledge of Banking products and services.
- Strong understanding of target market and ability to prepare high-quality business proposals, strategies and plans for different client types.
- Ability to develop a Banking Operations Manual and to see to its implementation.
- Demonstrable experience delivering major business process reengineering projects
- Knowledge of banking procedures and policies
- Ability to translate regulatory requirements into operational plans and actions.
- Detailed understanding of operational risk analysis.
- Knowledge of treasury operations and trade finance.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Tools.
- Ability to set high targets and achieve them within stipulated timeframe
- High levels of professionalism and professional development.
- Honest with impeccable integrity (high ethical standards).
- Ability to work under work pressure and give excellent results.
- Strong networking skills, for both internal and external networks
- Have outstanding communication and reporting skills, problem analysis and listening ability.
Kindly share your CV on email@example.com with the role as the subject title.