We are Hiring!
Our client provides quality private health care to residents of Kenya and the neighboring countries.
They are looking to fill the position of a Head of Procurement & Stores.
Job Purpose: The Position holder will be responsible for developing and managing the Hospital’s supply chain strategies and activities, its stock control function and its inventory all within the parameters of the Hospitals’ policies and procedures. Ensuring timely reporting for effective use and efficiency measures on utilization of goods purchased.
Main Responsibilities of Job
The jobholder will be responsible for:
- Developing appropriate supply chain strategies to maximize product supply at the lowest possible cost.
- Developing & implementing appropriate procedures across the supply chain process.
- Providing advisory services to line managers and project teams on all procurement and logistics issues.
- Driving procurement best practice through the Hospital and facilitating due diligence by user departments in regards to purchasing and inventory management.
- Providing leadership and guidance to users’ departments in the development of specifications.
- Conducting market research analysis to assist in effective business decision making.
- Ensuring the Hospital has reliable and efficient suppliers.
- Developing and maintaining key supplier relationships.
- Identifying new opportunities for procurement efficiencies.
- Monitoring the performance of contracts to meet service level agreements.
- Plans, manages, and coordinates all activities related to the sourcing and procurement of necessary materials and supplies needed to meet the changing levels of product demand.
- Responsible for ensuring all warehousing statutory regulations are adhered to.
- Facilitating effective and timely procurement of goods and services.
- Monitoring and correcting inventory levels at stores and in departments to ensure rotation and maximize working capital.
- Secretary to the Hospital Tender Committee.
- Ensuring effective negotiation processes.
- Ensuring timely renewal of all contracts.
- Preparing appropriate financial, inventory and other reports.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Chief Operating Officer
- University degree in a related field.
- Master’s Degree in a related field.
- Full professional Purchasing and Supplies qualification – CIPS or equivalent.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience, 5 of which should be at a senior level in a large commercial organization.
Technical Competencies: –
- Proven track record of success facilitating progressive organizational change and development within a growing organization.
- Good knowledge and understanding of supply chain management preferably in a multi user/network environment.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills including negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong mentoring, coaching experience to a team with diverse levels of expertise;
- Entrepreneurial team player who can multitask.
- Superior management skills; ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and ability to effectively interface with senior management
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the subject heading “ HEAD OF PROCUREMENT & STORES” by Friday 10th April 2020 clearly indicating their current and expected remuneration (MUST).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.