HR and Legal Officer
We are looking for a skilled HR Officer who will recruit, support and develop talent through developing policies and managing procedures.
You will be responsible for administrative tasks and you’ll contribute to making the company a better place to work.
The main responsibilities include;
- doubling up as a Legal as well as HR Officer for the Company.
- taking part in formulation of Human resource strategy and policy development in line with set business plans and objectives,
- ensuring the Company attracts, develops and retains the best talent in the industry and align them to the business strategy to deliver the mission and vision of the Company.
Reporting to General Manager
Roles & Responsibilities
Human Resources Planning
- Participate in preparing human resources plan aligned to the Company’s strategic plan and periodically update the same.
- Monitor the plan to ensure its adherence
- Ensure that the approved staffing numbers by the board are strictly maintained and variance is communicated to the board for approval
- Implementing the staff recruitment plan
- Coordinate recruitment activities in the Company
- Prepare recruitment reports for approval.
- Ensure that each vacant position has an updated job description with competencies clearly outlined to facilitate recruitment
- Participate in interviews and salary negotiations.
Staff Orientation & Welfare
- Undertake staff induction/orientation as per program
- Periodically review and update the staff orientation material and program.
Manage Staff welfare.
- Performance Management, Training and Development
- Participate in annual appraisals and objectives setting process
- Receive individual performance contracts, review and maintain the same
- Prepares appraisal reports and forward to the Management
- Conduct on annual basis, the training needs assessment exercise and prepare a comprehensive training and development plan.
- Ensure all staff trainings and development initiatives are competency based and there is value for money
- Liaise with all heads of departments and sections on training matters
- Extract training needs from the performance appraisal forms at the end of every appraisal period.
Staff Disciplinary matters
- Participate in staff disciplinary matters
- Coordinates with the staff union on matters related to staff
- Participate in HR projects (e.g. help organize a job fair event)
- Performs any other responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.
- Identifying legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensuring policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance including studying legislation, arbitration decisions and collective bargaining contracts to assess industry trends.
- Accident investigation and preparation of insurance carrier reports.
Desired Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business, or a related field.
- A law background will be and added advantage.
- Professional Accreditation – IHRM.
- At least 5 years of work experience in similar role
- In depth knowledge of labour laws
- In-depth knowledge of employment legislation and human capital best practices.
- Knowledge of operating activities in the logistics industry.
- Knowledge of Human Resources Systems is an added advantage. (Payroll, Time Attendance, Staff Database).
- Time management, Critical Thinking and Analysis.
- Excellent organization and communication skills, with a good foundation in HR theory.
- Decision making skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Administrative skills
Kindly fill out the form at – https://forms.gle/Q8ZAbmPFXiTS5fiF9 – in order for your application to be considered.