Tawhiid Islamic Nursery and Primary School
Human Resource Manager – Uganda
Job Purpose: To Develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall school business strategy; bridge management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances or other issues; manage the recruitment, selection, performance management and exit processes.
Recruitment, Selection and Exit
- Manage the review, development, and implementation of a streamlined recruitment and selection procedure.
- Manage the provision of support and administrative service to all line managers in the areas of short-listing and the constitution of interview panels.
- Ensure the regular compilation of recruitment and vacancy statistics and reports, as required in terms of the Human Resources Planning process
- Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation, and conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
Strategic HRM Services
- Ensure and manage the development of the Human Resources Plan and align with the strategic objectives as well as to drive the implementation thereof.
- Ensure the alignment of Human Resources policies and procedures to meet the human resources strategic objectives.
- Ensure the alignment of Employment Equity Plan to the Human Resources Plan and strategic intentions of the organisation.
- Ensure that the organisation meets its reporting requirements in respect of human resource management.
- Ensure and provide strategic human resources management support to the senior Administrative team.
- Ensure the effective and efficient management of human resources management information within the Department.
- Updating Human Resource policies in accordance with latest legislation.
Training and Development
- Provide strategic leadership and ensure the development of a training and development strategy and plan that is aligned to the strategic objectives and priorities of the school.
- Ensure the alignment of the training and development plan to the strategic objectives and priorities.
- Ensure the provision of resources for the effective implementation of the training and development
- Ensure the development of a talent management strategy and plan, aligned to the long-term strategic intentions and objectives.
- Implement induction programme for all new staff members
Performance Management Systems
- Ensure the development of an integrated performance management approach, in support of achieving the strategic objectives and priorities.
- Ensure the uniform and effective implementation of the performance management system across units within the school.
- Monitor the performance management findings and evaluate the impact on the achievement of the school’s strategic objectives and priorities
- Ensure job evaluation on all mandatory posts is conducted in line with policy requirements
- Conduct organization work-study investigations into effective and efficient utilization of resources, to identify resource requirements and optimization of school business processes.
- Conduct workplace investigations and resolve employee complaints.
- Be the primary contact for legal counsel in risk mitigation activities and litigation pertaining to employee relations matters.
- Examine current workplace policies and provide training to employees on those policies to minimize the frequency of employee complaints due to misinterpretation or misunderstanding of school policies.
- Manage the Occupational Health and Safety committee – safety, health, environment, risk and quality)
- Promote an occupationally healthy and safe environment for all employees within the school.
- Ensure the reduction of occupational injuries and diseases.
Benefits and Remuneration
- Ensure the effective management of Human Resources Management records and information (including performance management information); so as to enable effective management of employees within the workplace.
- Ensure the effective management and integrity of all Human Resources Management transactions including leave, transfers, salaries and salary payments, notch increments, benefits administration etc.
- Ensure compliance with the PAYE and NSSF requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management or Organizational Psychology.
- Masters’ Degree in any relevant field is an added advantage.
- Must be Computer literate
- Attendance certificates in Management courses are added advantage
- Experience and knowledge
- Over 5 years’ experience in progressively responsible human resource roles.
- Over 3 years of experience in a supervisory role.
- Solid understanding of Ugandan Labour Laws.
- Strong Interpersonal skills,
- Analytical skills,
- Reasoning ability,
- Leadership skills,
- Effective Communication skills,
- Team building and Problem Solving skills,
- Emotional Intelligence
How to Apply
If you fit the description, please send your CV to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Indicate on Subject line ‘HRM – Uganda’
Applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis until a suitable candidate is hired.
Indicate your Current and Expected salary on your CV.
Ladies are highly encouraged to apply.