Job Title: HUMAN RESOURCES BUSINESS PARTNER
Reporting line: CHIEF PEOPLE OPERATIONS OFFICER
Location: NAIROBI, KENYA
Our client a pioneer in the modernization of supply chain within FMCG seeks to bring on board a
Strategically inclined and entrepreneurial individual to fill the Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) role.
The HRBP will provide end-to-end generalist HR consulting and advisory support to management and employees within assigned business functions, developing and directing an HR agenda that closely supports the functions’ strategy, goals and objectives.
- HR Advisory: Provide HR consulting and advisory support across a range of people issues to the assigned functions. Design and co-deliver high impact, innovative solutions that meet the needs of the functions supported. Participate in and contribute to assigned function’s annual and quarterly planning cycle including budgeting.
- Strategy Alignment: Oversee the implementation of people management policies, routines and tools to support the assigned functions in achievement of their strategic objectives.
Support the implementation of suitable HR strategies, policies and practices and participate in business planning and ensure alignment of HR strategy and delivery with business goals.
- Policy Development: Work in collaboration with the HR leadership and Line Managers to develop and regularly update HR Policies and procedures. Sensitize staff on the company’s HR policies and procedures and ensure adherence and understanding of the HR Policies by all staff. Frequently review and audit staff compliance and address gaps identified;
- Workforce Planning and Talent Management: Jointly with the various heads of departments to define job requirements; provide guidance in assessing organizational structures and implementing structural changes. Update job descriptions and conduct comprehensive work force & succession planning to ensure all functions and sub functions are appropriately staffed at optimal cost.
- Performance Management: Formulate and implement a robust performance planning, appraisal, recognition and reward system. Collaborate with the business leaders in the creation of a high performance culture by implementing team and organizational design solutions and lease with Line Managers to drive productivity;
- Reward Management: Work with the Chief HR Officer to design and implement relevant compensation and benefits to attract and retain the right caliber of employees and value for the organization. Regularly benchmark and review compensation and benefits policies to ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements and general HR best practices, recommending revisions where necessary;
- Learning and Development: supporting the departmental Heads in conducting training needs analysis, collate information on staff training and development needs and identify suitable interventions with a clear plan to implement career progression guidelines.
- Employee Relations: Provide a conducive working environment through adequate and open communication channels, staff welfare programmes, quick and effective resolution of staff disputes.
- Change Management: Build a case for change and engage key stakeholder, initiate and drive change whilst overcoming resistance and create an agile, flexible and responsive environment in which transformation.
- Strong strategic thinking and leadership;
- Persuasion & Influencing;
- Business Acumen;
- Drive for Results & Attention to details;
- People Development & Management;
- Stakeholder management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Social Sciences or related field from a recognized University;
- A minimum of 6 – 8 years of progressive experience in human resources management, three (3) of which should be at a HR partnering level in a busy corporate organization;
- Higher Diploma in HR Management. CHRP (K) will be an added advantage;
- A valid practicing license is preferred;
- Demonstrated Knowledge and experience handling human resources;
- Member of Institute of Human Resources Kenya (IHRM).
If you are qualified and up to the challenge, please apply by clicking on this link https://ldn.tbe.taleo.net/ldn01/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=ALTIMAAFRICA&cws=1&rid=350 by 5pm Monday 23rd March 2020. Kindly attach your CV in word format.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.