ICRC Regional Delegation in Nairobi is recruiting an experienced, highly motivated and qualified person to fill the position of:
Staff Health Doctor
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance.
It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles.
The ICRC’s Regional Delegation in Nairobi co-ordinates the institution’s humanitarian activities in Kenya, Tanzania and Djibouti.
Overall Responsibility: The Staff Health Doctor is the focal point for all matters relating to the health of ICRC staff (both, mobile and resident) in the Delegation.
In line with ICRC staff health policies and in collaboration with the medical experts in the Head Quarters, s/he promotes and maintains the physical and mental health of the ICRC staff.
Tasks and responsibilities
- S/he oversees prevention of health risks;
- Coordinates Clinical Care and Emergencies;
- Case Management, Medical Evacuation and repatriation, 24/7 Medical Hotline;
- Ensures support in the implementation of the institutional stress policy;
- Case management for all staff is handled according to relevant ICRC procedures;
- Administrative accounting tasks related to staff health/insurance are performed confidentially;
Minimum requirements and competencies
- Bachelor of Medicine/ MBBS, with minimum 3 years of clinical experience;
- Fluency in English, French will be an asset;
- Clinical experience, in mental health, stress management;
- Experience and knowledge of medical insurance is an added advantage;
- Knowledge of tropical health and public health systems;
- MUST be Computer Proficient.
The interested candidates should submit their applications on or before the 18th March 2020 at 4:30 pm with the CV, motivation letter, including references details, supporting documents (Certificates, Diplomas etc) and current and expected remuneration to ICRC Nairobi Delegation, HR Department via: E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The reference Staff Health Doctor must be stated in the application to be valid. If you do not clearly state the position for which you are applying & attach the required diploma & other supporting documents, your application may not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ICRC does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. All applications are free for all candidates and no one should require any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. May the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to ICRC HR Department through the recruitment contact.