Overseas University Education
In Country Student Recruitment Officer
Purpose of Position: Our client is a leading global education provider that delivers an extensive range of educational services to over 80,000 students through more than 120 institutions in 31 countries.
Since 1994, this client has been a respected leader in global higher education, partnering with universities in Australia, United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Singapore, New Zealand and Sri Lanka to increase students’ access to, and success in, higher education.
On behalf of our client, we seek to recruit In Country Recruitment Officer for University Education.
This position acts as a representative of a specific University to be advised including branch campuses in the recruitment territory and is expected to manage end to end student recruitment activities including the servicing of agents, partner universities and government organizations.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Work with Regional Recruitment Manager to develop and execute marketing and promotional activities to improve the profile of the University and achieve recruitment targets.
- Plan and facilitate digital marketing and social media activities including management of dedicated social media pages for in region of appointment.
- Develop marketing and promotional material in home language including procurement of printers in country. All materials will need to be approved by University Marketing and the Regional Recruitment Manager.
- Promote the University’s product offerings and campus lifestyle via face to face, phone, online interface to prospective international students in country.
- Co-ordinate and attend local recruitment activities in the form of agent exhibitions, university/high school open days, interview sessions, etc. This includes administration and organization for local recruitment activities and coordination of collateral requirements
- Monitor, record and report on success of advertising, school career days, education exhibitions and other promotional events.
- Advise and assist international applicants and other stakeholders on University admission rules, procedures and standards regarding international admissions including options for alternative pathways.
- Liaise and collaborate with Hobsons, Curtin English, Curtin College and branch campuses to follow up on student’s applications
- Report on competitor activity, industry best practice and identify opportunities for the University to remain competitive in market. This includes changes to academic systems which will inform decisions for benchmarking of academic entry requirements and assessment of potential agents to appoint.
- Assist Regional Recruitment Manager to develop and execute enquiry and offer conversion activities in country which may include engagement with internal stakeholders.
- Report on international student conversion rates within territory and provide analysis as required for strategic planning
- Engage with various recruitment channels in country (eg: agents, career counselors, industry bodies).
- Engage with agency network at a counselor level. This includes conducting student interviews, post application follow up and bi-monthly counselor training on Curtin’s product offerings, University admission rules, procedures and standards including options for alternative pathways and other relevant policies.
- Report on student visa processing times and criteria to assist with regular update of compliance and SSVF documents (eg: GTE forms, Wiki, etc)
- Organize appointments for visiting Faculty members at the request of the Regional Recruitment Manager
- Ensure the integrity of all information systems, including accurate and concise data for individual students.
- Provide timely reports and market intelligence (including agent performance) to Regional Recruitment Manager
- As a member of the University community, demonstrate the highest possible standards of professional and personal conduct, modeling the University’s Values and Signature Behaviors.
- Undertake other activities which the incumbent might reasonably be expected to do, and which are consistent with the accountabilities and responsibilities as listed above.
- 40 hour work week
- Frequent travel
- Will be required to work on weekends during recruitment period
Capabilities & Behaviours
It is a requirement that staff in leadership roles exhibit and model capabilities and behaviors consistent with the university Leadership Framework these include;
- Understanding self & others
- Modeling University Values
- Managing time and wellbeing
- Building working relationships
- Building & leading high performance teams
- Developing staff capability
- Facilitating participative decision making
- Dealing with conflict
- Thinking strategically & having vision
- Setting goals & objectives
- Thinking analytically to solve problems
- Managing University resources
- Continuous quality improvement
- Managing complex projects
Key Requirements for Prospective Applicants
- Experience working in similar industry two years
- Experience is sales and marketing overseas university education
- University degree in a related field from a recognized University
- An alumni od Australian university shall have added advantage
- Full time (Kenyan National)
- 6 month probation
- Attractive salary and incentives
- Medical insurance policy provided
- April start date– No end date (on going contract)
- Management position
How to Apply:
Qualified and interested applicants to send their application and detailed CV, indicating current and expected remuneration to email@example.com, explicitly indicating the position in the email subject line, by 12th March 2020.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.