Our Client, a giant Investment Co-operative Society whose members are drawn from one of the leading Multi-Billion Telecommunication Company is looking to fill the position of Finance Manager, reporting to the CEO.
Overall Purpose of the Job: Responsible for the overall financial affairs of the Society including financial reporting, cash flow management and developing strategies based on financial research and guiding CEO and the Central Management Committee in making sound financial business decisions in the long and short term
Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing policies and strategies for the finance function
- Ensure preparation of accurate management reports
- To ensure that all projects are appraised and project budgets are adhered to as provided
- Reviewing, monitoring and managing budgets
- Track the company’s financial status and performance to identify areas for potential improvement
- Seek out methods for minimizing financial risk to the company including solid internal control
- Research and analyse financial reports and market trends
- Ensure compliance with accounting policies and regulatory requirements
- Advising and application of IFRS relevant to the society
- Ensure all projects are appraised and project budgets are adhered to as provided
- Ensuring value for money in project undertaken by the society
- Present financial reports to board members, stakeholders, executives, and clients in formal meetings
- Stay up to date with technological advances and accounting software to be used for financial purposes
- Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures for the company
- Understand and adhere to financial regulations and legislation.
- Ensure proper management of cash flow
- Analyze and review budgets and expenditures
- In charge of cost control
- Manage productive relations with suppliers, regulators, bankers and auditors
- Bachelor’s degree in commerce (Accounting/Finance option), Business Management (Accounting/Finance option), Economics or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Qualified Accountant (CPA (K), ACCA or Equivalent
- Be a member of a professional body in good standing
Knowledge and Skills
- At least 5 years of Financial and Management Accounting experience
- Demonstrated professional competence and administrative capability
- Strong Financial and Accounting knowledge
- Financial analysis and reporting experience
- Good knowledge of accounting software
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
How to Apply
Interested candidates should email their application letter accompanied with a detailed CV clearly indicating their current and expected salary to the following email address: email@example.com before or on Monday 16th March 2020
Candidates are advised that Eagle HR Consultants DOES NOT charge any interview fee(s).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.