Isuzu East Africa (Isuzu EA) is the leading motor vehicle assembler in East Africa, selling a wide range of Isuzu vehicles with a solid foundation established by the Isuzu brand’s automotive excellence going back over 40 years in this market.
With more than 15 models in its line up, the Isuzu brand has dominated the new vehicle segment for eight years in a row since 2012, achieving a market share of 39.4% by end of 2019. This is a testimony to customer confidence in its vehicles, transport solutions and excellent after sales service.
We are looking for a highly engaged candidate with a track record of excellence to fill the following position:
Field Technical Support Engineer
Reporting to the Field Engineering Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following functions:
- Support Dealers to develop and maintain a culture of quality Service at the dealerships and fleet customer workshops.
- Train and support Dealers on ISUZU EA Service Policies and Procedures and best practices to achieve improved business results.
- Implement and coordinate Product Warranty & Policy cases to ensure that they are handled promptly and within set guidelines and budget.
- Carry out Problem root cause analysis, prepare technical reports and suggest corrective measures and recommendations.
- Prepare Technical Information Reports (TIR) and Field Product Report (FPR) to Source Plants and Engineering and Product Development department respectively.
- Serve as a liaison between Aftersales Engineering, other departments and source plants for quick resolution of field product quality problems.
- Implement and coordinate all aspects of customer field action to achieve desired hit rate by due dates.
- Prepare and dispatch test samples to Source Plants and Suppliers for failure analysis.
- Identifying customer needs and wants and offer customized solutions.
- Support dealers to generate and grow Aftersales revenue to achieve set targets by prospecting for new business through fleet customer visits and follow up.
- Provide input for product specification and improvements.
- Coordinate monitoring of suggested product quality improvement test samples and provide feedback and recommendation. .
For appointment to this position, the successful candidate must have the following minimum requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Automotive Engineering from a recognized institution.
- Strong theoretical and practical knowledge of modern vehicle systems and trouble shooting.
- Five years’ experience in a busy motor vehicle repair workshop.
- Strong automotive knowledge.
- Business acumen, Planning and organization, ability to drive operational excellence, interpersonal, communication & problem-solving skills.
Please send your application and CV to:
The HR Manager, Compensation & HR Services,
P.O. Box 30527-00100, Nairobi
OR e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline 13th March, 2020.
Isuzu East Africa is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and gender equality.
Only qualified applicants will be contacted.
Attractive compensation packages will be offered to successful candidates.