Our Client, in the Telecom Sector seeks to hire an IT Technical Support Engineer.
The IT Technical Support Engineer will be responsible for diagnosing and troubleshooting technical issues, including account setup and network configuration and organizing and filing documentation pertaining to warranties and instructional guides for computer hardware.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Researching and identifying solutions to software and hardware issues.
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting technical issues, including account setup and network configuration.
- Tracking computer system issues through to resolution, within agreed time limits.
- Referring to internal database or external resources to provide accurate tech solutions
- Prioritizing and managing several open issues at one time.
- Following up with clients to ensure their IT systems are fully functional after troubleshooting.
- Documenting technical knowledge in the form of notes and manuals.
- Attend in-person meetings with clients to analyze, troubleshoot and diagnose hardware problems.
- Actively update, maintain and monitor all aspects of computer networks.
- Installing and configure computer systems and applications within the company.
- Responding to customer inquiries and assist in troubleshooting and resolving challenges.
- Completing detailed reports listing requests to technical assistance, steps taken to resolve them, and the specific dates/individuals involved.
- Assisting management in creating training materials pertaining to computer troubleshooting and usage.
- Acting as the initial point of contact for all computer and system related concerns from clients or other employees.
- Organizing and filing documentation pertaining to warranties and instructional guides for computer hardware.
Required Qualifications / Experience
- Bachelors’ degree in computer science, software engineering, information technology or another related discipline.
- 3-5 years of proven experience in a heavy customer focus position involving and technical knowledge of a company’s products and services.
- Industry-specific certification in relevant computer languages or software may be required.
- Comfortable working in and assisting others through company help desk software, such as Zendesk in addition to other remote access desktop programs
- Extensive experience working with different operating systems including Windows and Mac OS
- Time-management skills and the ability to establish reasonable and attainable deadlines for resolution
- Ability to prioritize and manage several milestones and projects efficiently
- Professional written and interpersonal skills are essential when communicating with customers and clients
- Experience installing and configuring computer systems and applications for a large organization
- Accept constructive criticism and customer feedback regarding their experience with software or IT services
Applicants who meet the requirements stated above should send their applications and detailed CVs with a day – time Telephone number to the email address: email@example.com with IT Technical Support Engineer on the Subject line.
Candidates MUST indicate their Current and Expected salaries.