Position: Junior Mechanical Engineer | Bedding and Mattress
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Our Client, a market leader in providing high quality beneficial sleep solutions is urgently seeking to hire a talented, enthusiastic and versatile Junior Mechanical Engineer.
The successful candidate will assist in providing manufacturing and safety engineering support to Plant Operations, Corporate Environmental Health & Safety and Corporate Engineering to ensure manufacturing processes, machinery, equipment, tools and systems are safe, OSHA compliant, efficient and eliminate waste and product defects.
He/she will assist in implementing engineered process improvements to positively impact Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost across multiple sites by performing the following duties;
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Partner with the Production Manager and their team to implement the Environmental Health and Safety Program.
- Assist in maintaining compliance with applicable OSHA, EPA and other Safety, Health and Environmental regulations.
- Assist in designing and facilitating ergonomic improvements in production processes to reduce the manual material handling intensiveness of production processes and engineer manual lifting out of manufacturing tasks.
- Ensure that plans and specifications for new processes, machinery and equipment meet safety requirements according to Corporate EHS guidelines.
- Assist in developing and implementing safe production processes and efficient methods to utilize workers, machines, materials, information and energy in the production of products.
- Assist in implementing control systems to coordinate supply chain and production planning activities to ensure products produced meet safety and quality standards and support on-time delivery of goods produced.
- Assist in aligning resources, priorities and actions to strategic operational priorities.
- Support quality, lean and safety deployment plans within factory operations.
- Any other tasks assigned as per business needs
Key Competencies & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from a recognized institution
- Must have at least 2 – 3 years of experience in a relevant manufacturing environment
- Industrial safety experience a plus
- Multi-site experience strongly desired
- Able to excel in a team environment
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills are essential
- Familiarity with safety, OSHA compliance
- Manufacturing methods, processes and technology
- Lean and Quality Management techniques and systems
- Strong project management skills with a demonstrated ability to complete complex projects within prescribed timeframes
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation, and conflict resolution skills
- Possess tact, maturity, flexibility, and a high energy level
- Commitment to Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost in priority order
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to work multiple stakeholders
- Experience in handling issues of complexity in a busy working environment
If you’re up to the challenge, kindly send CV and cover letter only to email@example.com before close of business 13th March 2020.
Clearly indicate the position applied for and expected salary on the subject line.