KEMRI | Wellcome Trust
Senior Project Manager – HRMIS (9 Months)
The Kenya Medical Research Institute (KEMRI)-Wellcome Trust Research Programme was formally established in 1989, is a partnership between KEMRI, Oxford University and the Wellcome Trust.
It conducts basic, epidemiological, health systems and clinical research in parallel, with results feeding directly into local and international health policy and aims to expand the Country’s capacity to conduct multidisciplinary research that is strong, sustainable and internationally competitive.
We are looking for a high calibre professional to fill in the position of Senior Project Manager- HRMIS.
Job Purpose: Reporting to the Head of HR, this role will manage the HRMIS Project working closely with the HR team, the vendor, Finance team and the ICT team to ensure successful implementation of the HRMIS.
The role will also ensure that the project scope, time and cost are as per expectation and every milestone is met during the project cycle. The post-holder will ensure that all installation and development activities are executed in a planned and coordinated manner.
1. Initiate and maintain overall project coordination, implementation and documentation while ensuring a strict adherence to project timelines;
2. Ensure that the vendors clearly understand KWTRP needs by preparing clear terms of reference(ToR) for User Acceptance Testing, documentation related to controls, security and segregation of duties.
3. Prepare a schedule and track the activities that will adequately account for the implementation of controls identified in KWTRP processes and prepare weekly status reports from the project team, analyse results and troubleshoot problem areas.
4. Develop, document and manage a suitable project plan to ensure that overall timelines, as specified in this document are adhered to and ensure the project is implemented according to project scope, goals and deliverables that support the delivery of the HRMIS project.
5. Oversee the submission of the following key documents and the delivery of the key stages of the project including the various modules within the given timeframe;
6. The interface strategy describing high-level interface points between the vendor software and existing KWTRP systems.
7. Data conversion strategy describing the existing data elements that would be converted and the process to be followed for the same.
8. Solution design strategy including the system test strategy.
9. Risk management strategy identifying, analyzing, and evaluating the project risks and the process to be followed in mitigating those risks.
10. Training strategy, describing the proposed approach in providing training to various categories of users.
11. Change management strategy and post-implementation strategy.
12. Act as one of two (2) key contacts for the selected Supplier, and ensure that all communications are copied to the Head of HR being the Project Owner.
13. Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a clear and timely fashion with weekly Status Reports and project team meetings.
14. Document and escalate any risks, delays and emerging issues in the project delivery or cost implications before they occur and follow up on their closure. Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crisis and devise contingency plans.
15. Provide custodianship of the HRMIS project portfolio. Work with cross-functional teams and service providers in ensuring the project is run in a controlled environment using established project management methodologies and operating procedures. Oversee project sign off, contract and SLAs are in place.
- Degree in Business Information Technology or IT related field with a professional qualification in Project Management. A Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 6 Years’ experience in managing projects using project management tools.
- Certification in Prince2 Practitioner or PMP is mandatory. Certification in ITIL or Prince2 Agile will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of project management framework best practices as defined under Prince2 or PMBOK and demonstrated ability to implement Project Management Office successfully.
- Demonstrated successful management (5Years) of technical services function at Senior position.
- Have essential in-depth knowledge and experience in HR Management Information Systems and demonstrated excellence in successfully implementing HRMIS projects.
- Have good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Be able to meet assigned deadlines and uphold team spirit.
- Troubleshooting capacity and clarity of thought.
- Good understanding of Project Management Framework.
To apply for this post you must be a registered user.
Log into your account then go to Vacancies, view the post and click on the button: “Apply for this job”.
Candidates must supply an email and telephone contact that will be used when offering interviews.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The application closing date is 10 April 2020.
KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Research Programme (KWTRP) is an equal opportunity employer. Direct or indirect canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. KWTRP does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, processing, training or any other fees).