Kenya Power Pension Fund (KPPF)
Career Opportunity: Systems Administration Assistant
Kenya Power Pension Fund (KPPF) is a Retirement Benefits Scheme registered with Retirement Benefits Authority, responsible for managing and providing pension benefits to permanent and pensionable employees of Kenya Power, KETRACO and Nuclear Power & Energy Agency upon their retirement or withdrawal and to their dependents in the event of death in service.
In pursuing its mandate, KPPF is seeking to recruit top talents to join the innovative and transformative team to deliver on key milestones of the Fund.
The individuals who will fill this position should be result oriented, self-driven, creative, visionary and of high integrity.
Applications are therefore invited from qualified persons to fill the vacancy indicated below:
Systems Administration Assistant
Reports to Systems Administrator
Purpose of the job: The Systems Administration Assistant will be responsible for providing effective ICT support, in terms of ICT systems, websites, infrastructure and equipment, information/data backups and preventive maintenance in liaison with service providers.
The job holder should possess the following minimum qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or related field
- One (1) years’ post qualification experience
In addition, candidates should demonstrate the following personal traits and competencies:
- Creativity and innovation skills.
- Quality focus and attention to detail.
- Set up and configure desktop computers, peripherals and accounts assigning security levels as per approved security matrix
- Provide technical support for software and hardware issues across functional activities and business processes that users may encounter.
- Set up, test and maintain new and existing computer systems, applications and databases
- Troubleshoot, diagnose problems, implement corrective action procedures within prescribed guidelines and/or escalate to other technical resources as appropriate
- Conduct preventative maintenance on ICT infrastructure and ICT equipment related repairs in liaison with service providers
- Conduct information and data back-ups as per approved plans
- Administration of user accounts in the various systems.
- Professionalism and integrity.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Action oriented and demonstrated ability to manage priorities
- Risk awareness and focus – demonstrate understanding of risk management practices, standards and regulatory requirements.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted through e mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org to be received not later than Friday 27th March, 2020.
Please attach your Curriculum Vitae, copies of certificates and other relevant testimonials and clearly indicate your current and expected gross pay.
Also include your telephone numbers, email address, names and addresses of three (3) professional referees.
Canvassing will lead to disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Ag. CEO & Trust Secretary
Kenya Power Pension Fund
P.O Box 1548 00600