Job Vacancy: Laboratory Technologist
The ideal candidate MUST be registered with KMLTTB and have a valid 2020 practice license & have at least 2 years bench & phlebotomy experience in a busy environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring that sample (patient/ IQC/ EQA) processing takes place in a timely and error free manner.
- Specimen processing as per defined standard operating procedures (SOPs) and reporting of results within defined TAT.
- Ensure STAT & Critical value reporting as per lab’s policy. Process and report urgent samples on priority
- Storage of samples, controls and reagents to maintain their integrity.
- Perform routine maintenance of equipment as defined and maintain records. In case of instrument breakdown communicate with respective engineers/ application specialists and Lab Supervisor.
- Ensure calibration and internal quality control is performed as defined in SOPs/ according to the ISO 15189 quality management system.
- Maintain IQC records, Levy Jennings (LJ) charts and quality indicator records on monthly basis. Take corrective measures as required.
- Ensuring receipt, processing, reporting & review of EQA surveys in a timely manner
- Maintaining and filing of documents & records according to ISO 15189 and KENAS requirements.
- Strict adherence to bio-safety measures during specimen collection, laboratory procedures, disposing of, storing and transportation of specimens.
- Assist in preparation and submitting of stock orders in time, keeping stock records and monitoring consumption. Minimize wastage of stock.
- Participating in training/refresher trainings to continuously improve technical knowledge.
- Doing walk-in client/ office/ home/ Clinical Trial/ medical camp & Health Check Up Blood Collection
- Diploma / higher national diploma/ Bachelor’s degree in Medical laboratory sciences.
- At least 2 years experience in a similar role
- Good IT skills (including experience with an automated lab information system), working knowledge of ISO 15189 standard will be added advantages.
To apply for this position, please send your current detailed CV (must have 3 professional referees including a current or former supervisor), KMLTTB registration certificate, 2020 KMLTTB license, current & expected salary ONLY to email@example.com by close of business 18th March 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted