Marie Stopes Kenya is an NGO registered in Kenya.
We are affiliated to Marie Stopes International.
Together we deliver quality sexual and reproductive health care and family planning to millions of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable women.
We want to make sure that women have a choice when it comes to having children and that death by unsafe abortion is reduced.
We seek to recruit Marketing Executives (Demand Generators) (21 positions) based in our clinics which is part of the Commercial Services Department and reports to the Centre Manager.
The remuneration is performance based, an attractive commission package will be offered to the successful candidates.
Job Title: Marketing Executive (Demand Generator)
Location: Nairobi, Rongai, Thika, Nanyuki, Meru, Nyeri, Mombasa, Malindi, Naivasha, Nakuru, Kericho, Eldoret, Kitale, Kakamega, Kisumu, Kisii.
Reporting to: Centre Manager
Probationary Period: 3 months
Job Purpose: The purpose of this role is to generate demand for reproductive health services for MSK’s clinics, create awareness of the various family planning options and the primary healthcare services (general health, laboratory, imaging and pharmacy) available at the clinic.
The role holder will create a unique, strong & ubiquitous referral system with Pharmacy channel, private healthcare providers, corporate Institutions, salons, colleges, universities, schools, community opinion shapers and other health services providers.
The primary responsibility of this role is to further our Goal: THE PREVENTION OF UNWANTED BIRTHS and MSI’s mission of ensuring the individual’s right to: CHILDREN BY CHOICE NOT CHANCE.
The post holder commits to and is held accountable to Marie Stopes International global core values:
- mission driven
- customer focused
- results orientated
- people centered
- Demand generation for RH services, Family planning and primary healthcare at the Clinic level through a network of referral agents.
- Recruitment of corporate institutions/Health Insurance Companies for empanelment (at the Clinic level).
- Recruitment of NHIF clients (both FFS and capitation).
- Work together with the Centre Manager and Regional Marketing Coordinator to develop business growth and expansion strategies, implement and deliver sales targets as per plan.
- Develop short term plans and budgets for the marketing activities, monitor client conversion progress, and evaluate corporate client performance.
- To recruit referral agents, coordinate & facilitate their activities and ensure they deliver on their targets.
- Distribution of (fliers/posters) and other MSK marketing & ICE materials.
- Establish, develop and maintain business relationships with consultant doctors and medical fraternity, insurance companies and corporate clients in the region.
- Effectively communicate and promote Centre’s services, health packages that is beneficial to existing and prospective clients.
- Organize and manage Reproductive health events like health camps, health talks, world contraceptive day celebrations and family planning campaigns among other CSR activities.
- Organize appointments for Centre Manager with key opinion leaders e.g. doctors and corporate clients with regards to outside referrals.
- Attend mandatory monthly performance review meetings at the Centre and make presentation on progress vs plan.
- Develop a database for referring agents (school heads, campus reps, pharmacies, clinics among others) and continuously update.
- Communicate effectively with clients through email, phone, online presentations, screen-share and in-person meetings.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Diploma or Degree in Sales and Marketing, Business Management, Health Care Management, Pharmacy, or Biological Science.
- At least 2 years working experience in Sales, Marketing or Business development in a similar set-up.
- Ability to multitask between projects.
- Independent thinker and problem solver.
Soft skills required for the job:
- Results focused
- Organizational skills
- Communication skills
- Team player
Attitude / Motivation:
Successful performance at MSI is not simply defined in terms of ‘what’ people achieve, but equally is about ‘how’ people go about their jobs and the impact that they have on others.
There are 13 key behaviours that MSI encourages in all employees and they are defined below:
- Thinking ahead and taking action to make the most of opportunities by finding the optimum solution
- Thinking creatively and outside of the box so that ideas generated create a positive outcome
- Communicating through active listening and good questioning techniques, using appropriate body language, ensuring information is clear and concise.
- Being responsive to changing priorities and demands
- Planning, prioritising and organising work to ensure work is accurate and deadlines are met
- Sharing information and knowledge whilst maintaining confidentiality
Focus on Learning
- Taking responsibility for keeping knowledge and skills updated and for seeking opportunities to develop further
- Awareness and understanding of goals, vision and values and how your role impacts on this and going the extra mile to meet role requirements
- Drive and determination to deliver results
- Taking responsibility for appropriate decisions that you make, and the actions and behaviour you demonstrate
- Openness to embracing change within the organisation and being able to adjust plans/activities accordingly
- Motivation towards achieving quality results to maximise potential
- Working as part of a team by being supportive, flexible and showing respect for each other
Location of our clinics: Nairobi, Rongai, Thika, Nanyuki, Meru, Nyeri, Mombasa, Malindi, Naivasha, Nakuru, Kericho, Eldoret, Kitale, Kakamega, Kisumu, Kisii.
How to Apply
Applications quoting the position title with detailed CV, with contact details of 3 referees (1 of which should be immediate, 1 former supervisor and any other) should be submitted to: email@example.com on or before April 10, 2020.
The subject of the email should read “Marketing Executive – Desired location”.
Please indicate your preferred location.
Do not attach certificates and testimonials.
Marie Stopes Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and does not ask for fees at any stage of the recruitment process.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.