Marie Stopes Kenya is an NGO registered in Kenya.
We are affiliated to Marie Stopes International. Together we deliver quality sexual and reproductive health care and family planning to millions of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable women.
We want to make sure that women have a choice when it comes to having children and that death by unsafe abortion is reduced.
We seek to recruit a Telesales Representative (1 position) based in Nairobi which is part of the Commercial Services Department and reports to the Commercial Products Sales Manager.
Job Title: Telesales Representative
Reporting to: Commercial Products Sales Manager
Probationary Period: 3 months
Job Purpose: The purpose of this role is to achieve sales targets over the phone, maintaining good customer relationships and collect outstanding trade debts. The goal is to help the company grow by bringing in new customers and growing existing business with our Distributors, Wholesalers and Retail customers.
The primary responsibility of this role is to further our Goal: THE PREVENTION OF UNWANTED BIRTHS and MSI’s mission of ensuring the individual’s right to: CHILDREN BY CHOICE NOT CHANCE.
The post holder commits to and is held accountable to Marie Stopes International global core values:
- mission driven
- customer focused
- results orientated
- people centered
- Achieve sales targets/quota on weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Contact potential or existing customers to inform them about a product or service using scripts.
- Answer questions about products or the company.
- Ask questions to understand customer requirements and close sales.
- Direct prospects to the field sales team when needed.
- Enter and update customer information in the database.
- Take and process orders in an accurate manner and ensure follow up on order delivery.
- Handle grievances to preserve the company’s reputation.
- Keep records of calls and sales and note useful information.
- Provide customers with updated monthly statements.
- Ensure all outstanding debts falling due are collected and recorded.
- Prepare weekly and monthly sales, business development and collections reports and submit to the Management on time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Diploma/ Degree in Sales and Marketing, Business Management, Biological Science, Pharmacy or Healthcare Management from a recognised College/University.
- Proven experience as Telesales Representative or other sales/customer service role.
- Proven track record of successfully meeting sales quota preferably over the phone.
- Prior knowledge and experience in Pharmaceutical sales and/or experience in private healthcare is a distinct advantage.
- Good knowledge of relevant computer programs (e.g. CRM software) and telephone systems.
- Ability to learn about products and services and describe/explain them to prospects.
- Excellent knowledge of both written and spoken English and Kiswahili.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Cool-tempered and able to handle rejection.
- Outstanding negotiation skills with the ability to resolve issues and address complaints.
Soft skills required for the job:
- Results focused
- Organizational skills
- Communication skills
- Team player
Attitude / Motivation:
Successful performance at MSI is not simply defined in terms of ‘what’ people achieve, but equally is about ‘how’ people go about their jobs and the impact that they have on others.
There are 13 key behaviours that MSI encourages in all employees and they are defined below:
- Thinking ahead and taking action to make the most of opportunities by finding the optimum solution
- Thinking creatively and outside of the box so that ideas generated create a positive outcome
- Communicating through active listening and good questioning techniques, using appropriate body language, ensuring information is clear and concise.
- Being responsive to changing priorities and demands
- Planning, prioritising and organising work to ensure work is accurate and deadlines are met
- Sharing information and knowledge whilst maintaining confidentiality
Focus on Learning
- Taking responsibility for keeping knowledge and skills updated and for seeking opportunities to develop further
- Awareness and understanding of goals, vision and values and how your role impacts on this and going the extra mile to meet role requirements
- Drive and determination to deliver results
- Taking responsibility for appropriate decisions that you make, and the actions and behaviour you demonstrate
- Openness to embracing change within the organisation and being able to adjust plans/activities accordingly
- Motivation towards achieving quality results to maximise potential
- Working as part of a team by being supportive, flexible and showing respect for each other
How to Apply
Applications quoting the position title with detailed CV, with contact details of 3 referees (1 of which should be immediate, 1 former supervisor and any other) should be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before April 4, 2020.
The subject of the email should read “TELESALES REPRESENTATIVE”.
Kindly label your CV in your full name as you save and attach to the email.
Do not attach certificates and testimonials.
Marie Stopes Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and does not ask for fees at any stage of the recruitment process.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.