Our Client is a leading provider of insurance covers seeks to fill the position of a Medical Nurse.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB: The Nurse will be responsible for assisting the doctor in analysis of medical claims arising from road traffic accidents and will play a key role in the provision of a second, medical opinion on the nature of injuries sustained.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
i. Research and report writing pertaining to the confirmation of diagnosis made and treatments administered with claims and reporting on the same.
ii. Authentication, Analysis, Interpretation and verification of medical treatment records pertaining to accident claims.
iii. Responsible for highlighting misdiagnosis and/ or irregular medical records.
iv. Preparation of medical reports and statistics.
v. Understanding of medical health facility procedures and medical records.
vi. Re-examination of road traffic accident victims in order to provide a second opinion.
vii. Any other responsibilities will be communicated to the Officer from time to time
- Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma in Nursing from a recognized institution
- KRCHN Registered with Nursing Council of Kenya and must possess a valid license
- Must have at least two (2) years’ working experience in a busy hospital facility.
- Working experience in the insurance industry is an added advantage.
- Basic MS office skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- Superior analytical and report writing skills.
- High moral and ethical standards with independence of mind and ability to defend his/her position on significant issues.
- Excellent word processing and IT skills,
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to research, digest, analyze and present material clearly and concisely
- Ability to take initiative and pay attention to detail.
- High level of integrity and reliability
- Flexibility and adaptability to juggle a range of different tasks and to work extra hours to meet deadlines.
- Discretion and an understanding of confidentiality issues.
If you are qualified, send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject Medical Nurse to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Indicate your expected salary.