Job Title: Driver
Location: Maralal, Samburu
Position Status: Full-time, Non-exempt, Regular
Salary Level: 2
About Mercy Corps
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible.
In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action — helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within.
Now, and for the future.
Program / Department Summary
The Operations Department is committed to implementing and maintaining the highest standards of efficiency and integrity in the operations functions.
The overriding objective for all administration and logistics operations is the prompt and effective provision of support services to Mercy Corps’ beneficiary populations in compliance with donor rules.
General Position Summary: The driver work within the Operations department of the logistics support structure to provide safe, transport services for Mercy Corps program and support staff in the respective field location.
The driver will adhere to all traffic and Mercy Corps safety rules and follow the transport guidelines required by the Mercy Corps operations department.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Operate Mercy Corps vehicles as assigned by supervisor.
- Maintain vehicle log-sheets in accordance with Mercy Corps policies / regulations.
- Check the vehicle conditions after each trip/routinely – report needs and problems to logistics team.
- Adhere to all safety and communication protocols as advised by Mercy Corps and supervisor.
- Responsible for the safekeeping of all vehicle equipment, tools, first aid kits, spares etc.
- Keep the vehicle ready, clean and on standby – ready for use at all times.
- Assist, as required, with logistics in the office daily workloads.
- Cooperate and be of assistance to staff and visitors – assist in troubleshooting potential problems during daily business.
- Report all maintenance needs of the vehicle to transport management on a regular basis;
- Undertake field assignments as assigned.
- Responsible for preparing and submitting monthly vehicle fuel and maintenance reports to the Logistics focal point.
- Adherence to all Mercy Corps policies and procedures as outlined in Mercy Corps policies and procedure manuals.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission in country of operation.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibility: None
Reports Directly To: Operations Officer.
Works Directly With: Program and Operations staff team across the field offices as required
Knowledge and Experience
- Valid driver’s license and certificate of good conduct
- At least 3 years driving experience with an NGO.
- Experience operating 4×4 vehicles.
- Experience working in and thorough knowledge of Samburu County is desired.
- Knowledge of routes, project areas, the NGO and diplomatic community is required.
A successful driver will have respect and adherence to all safety and traffic rules, excellent sense of judgment as well as willingness and ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people and excellent interpersonal skills.
For the detailed position description and application procedure please visit the following link: https://bit.ly/2wXVgFi
Applications should be submitted on or before 31st March, 2020 and will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We do not charge any fees at any stage of the recruitment and selection process.