About Mercy Corps: Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action — helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within. Now, and for the future.
Mercy Corps began working in Kenya in 2008 and has to date built a robust and diverse portfolio in working to enable Kenyans affected by poverty, resource scarcity and conflict – in particular youth, women, adolescents and marginalized communities – to be healthy, productive and to drive peace and development of their communities.
To do this, we deliver integrated programming to strengthen resilience, market and governance systems, address the root causes of conflict, and equip vulnerable populations- in particular youth, women, adolescents and marginalized social groups- with the skills, opportunities and resources they need to be healthy, productive and to drive the development of their communities.
Mercy Corps Kenya also collaborates with neighboring countries to implement a number of multi-country and cross-border programs.with neighboring countries to implement a number of multi-country and cross-border programs.
Program / Department Summary: The Operations Department is committed to implementing and maintaining the highest standards of efficiency and integrity in the operations functions. The overriding objective for all administration and logistics operations is the prompt and effective provision of support services to Mercy Corps’ beneficiary populations in compliance with donor specifications.
General Position Summary: The Office Assistant will be responsible for office cleaning, preparing tea/coffee and general office assistance functions for the Mercy Corps Mombasa office.
Essential Job Responsibilities
Overall responsible for all general office assistance aspects of Mercy Corps’ office support functions in Mombasa in compliance with MC Administration and in-country policies.
- Clean dishes in the kitchen.
- Clean washrooms and kitchen daily.
- Empty garbage cans and dust bins daily.
- Clean and dust work stations in the office daily.
- Clean and neatly organize meeting room(s).
- Clean the refrigerator, microwave and other appliances in use in the office premises.
- Track the office cleaning supplies and replenish the same.
- Report items and assets in need of repair & maintenance.
- Prepare tea for the office staff.
- Prepare and serve refreshments for meetings.
- Maintain stock of kitchen items and consumables and replenish the same.
General Office Assistance:
- Perform receptionist duties when required.
- Deliver documents among departments on request.
- Make photocopies on request.
- Refill papers in printers and photocopiers.
- Attend to minor maintenance work.
- Issue and track office stationery.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission in country of operation.
- Other duties as assigned from time to time.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: None
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: Logistics Assistant/Officer.
WORKS DIRECTLY WITH: All team members at the field office.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in general office assistance.
- Basic computer skills are required.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Fluency in English and Swahili languages (both written and spoken).
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online.
Applications should be submitted on or before 8th March, 2020 and will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Mercy Corps does not charge any fees at any stage of the recruitment process.