Team Member – Mechanical Repair
Overview: Designed, engineered and built in Kenya, Mobius Motors sells highly durable, highly affordable vehicles for Africa’s mass market. Versatile, rugged and durable, it is designed for African cities whilst still being extremely capable off-road.
We are seeking to hire an exceptional Team Member – Mechanical Repair interested in a truly unique entrepreneurial opportunity to create impact on a global scale as part of our Production Team.
The Production team ensures that Mobius Motors executes a rigorous, efficient manufacturing process to deliver product on time, first-time right, and at the right cost.
This encompasses the following areas:
- Process – Own Manufacturing processes (cyclic and non-cyclic) by providing input for best practises and follow them.
- Operations – Ensure that production schedules are met at cost, on time, at the required quality and safety levels.
- Team Responsibility – Play a positive part in creating a work environment that fosters a motivated team and a sense of belonging.
Every member of the Production team takes responsibility for supporting the business needs above, which may require expanding responsibilities as needed, additional learning, and tackling new professional challenges beyond what is reflected in this Job Description.
Functional Areas and Responsibilities
- Work Instructions: Own the work instructions with fellow team members for non-cyclic operations by providing input for current best practices.
- Execution: Follow work instructions as trained on every day.
- Schedule Achievement: Work at the required pace to support efficiency and the achievement of the schedule.
- Quality: Take responsibility for own work and raise issues early if quality has been compromised.
- Lean Manufacturing: Live and promote the lean manufacturing philosophy of “do not accept a defect, do not create a defect, and do not pass a defect on”.
- Tools and Equipment: Take care of all relevant equipment and tools to ensure it is available and functional to meet the scheduled needs in a safe and efficient way, with the required quality.
- Safety: Always wear/use the required PPE for the job. Be your “brother’s keeper” by looking after fellow workers’ safety and by addressing or reporting non-conformances.
- Housekeeping: Maintain a clean, safe and orderly work environment.
- Continuous Improvement: Live the culture of continuous improvement in the work place by providing ideas to reduce waste, and by supporting the implementation of approved ideas.
- Attendance: Maintain a brilliant attendance record by being on time every day.
- Teamwork: Work cohesively with all team members to cultivate a strong team spirit.
- Development: Be prepared to learn something new to enhance your own skills, support multi skilling by learning other jobs in the team and support job rotation.
- Performance Management: Take part in the company performance management system to create alignment of expectations, mutual understanding of actual performance, and support means to improve performance.
- Training: Be prepared to assist with the training of new Team Members to the current Work Instructions.
Knowledge, skills and any other information required to be successful in this role.
Knowledge & Skills Description
Academic & Professional Qualifications
- Certificate in Automotive Engineering or any other relevant field
Functional Knowledge & Skills
- At least 5 years practical experience in mechanical repair in the formal vehicle repair environment, at a well-established branded motor vehicle dealership
- Ability to read, interpret and follow work instructions
- Attention to detail is paramount
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Kiswahili
- Be a good listener
- Good communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- A committed team player
- Must be able to work
How to Apply
Email your CV and application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline is 15th April 2020.