Quality Assurance & Systems Engineer
Overview: Designed, engineered and built in Kenya, Mobius Motors sells highly durable, highly affordable vehicles for Africa’s mass market. Versatile, rugged and durable, it is designed for African cities whilst still being extremely capable off-road.
We are seeking to hire an exceptional Quality Assurance & Systems Engineer interested in a truly unique entrepreneurial opportunity to create impact on a global scale as part of our Quality Team.
The Quality team ensures that Mobius Motors has uncompromising commitment to delivering the best on every dimension on product and service.
This encompasses the following areas:
- Proactive – Quality by design approach to all products, services, and processes at Mobius
- Preventive – Systematic avoidance of problems and variability through inspection, maintenance, and controls, rigorously applied at all points in the value chain – from suppliers to internal processes to customer touchpoints
- Reactive – Rapid corrective actions focused on identification and rectification of root causes, rapidly mobilizing cross-functional teams at Mobius to analyse and resolve problems
Every member of the Quality team takes responsibility for supporting the business needs above, which may require expanding responsibilities as needed, additional learning, and tackling new professional challenges beyond what is reflected in this Job Description.
Functional Areas and Responsibilities
- Quality Assurance Manual: Develop and maintain an up to date Quality Assurance Manual to support organisational product quality goals.
- Product Auditing: Ensure vehicle audits are executed consistently as per the defined process with consistent application of the standards, and as per the audit schedule.
- Defects Escalation: Ensure that the Alarm Escalation Process is being followed at all times.
Quality Management System
- Implementation: Coordinate cross functional activities throughout the organization to implement a Quality Management System so that certification can be achieved and maintained.
- Quality Data: Prepare product quality reports by collecting, analysing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Support: Guide and assist the team when decisions need to be made on the acceptability of defects/conditions on a vehicle.
- Data Analyses: Guide the plant with data analyses to prioritise problem solving activities to improve product delivered to the customer.
- Leadership: Provide leadership and direction for direct reports.
- Teamwork: Work cross functionally with all teams to support the achievement of company goals.
- Development: Identify development opportunities to grow individuals and support development plans through coaching/teaching and application of Company resources.
- Performance Management: Use the company Performance System to create alignment of expectations, mutual understanding of actual performance, and support means to improve performance.
- Stand in: Stand in for your Team Member(s) when they are not available to fulfil their duties.
- Data Integrity: Ensure defects are being captured accurately.
- Reporting: Ensure Plant Quality Metrics and Data are communicated on time to Plant Leadership.
- Cost: Achieve financial objectives by planning your Quality budget, scheduling expenditures, analysing variances and initiating corrective actions.
- Continuous Improvement: Support and generate company initiatives & ideas in reducing costs.
Knowledge, skills and any other information required to be successful in this role.
Knowledge & Skills Description
Academic & Professional
- Mechanical/Industrial Engineering degree/diploma
- Quality Management System (ISO/TUV) auditing certification
Functional Knowledge & Skills
- 5 to 10 years of experience in Quality in an automotive manufacturing company
- 5 years of experience in auditing completely built up vehicles for a major vehicle manufacturer will be an advantage
- 5 years of experience in implementing and/or maintaining QMS certification in a Manufacturing company
- Automotive experience and understanding for the technical side of vehicle construction
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication skills
- Leading of teams, own & cross functional
- Able to drive and see continuous improvement opportunities
- Creative thinker that can work under pressure
- Represent the customer and stand up for his rights
- Must be able to speak, read and write fluently in English and converse in swahili
- Be a good listener
- Cross functional & multidisciplinary team player
- Ability to work with third party companies
- Exceptional integrity, character and a strong sense of ethics
- Exceptional persistence and endurance to overcome significant challenges
How to Apply
Email your CV and application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline is 15th April 2020.