Quality Operations Supervisor
Overview: Designed, engineered and built in Kenya, Mobius Motors sells highly durable, highly affordable vehicles for Africa’s mass market. Versatile, rugged and durable, it is designed for African cities whilst still being extremely capable off-road.
We are seeking to hire an exceptional Quality Operations Supervisor interested in a truly unique entrepreneurial opportunity to create impact on a global scale as part of our Quality Team.
The Quality team ensures that Mobius Motors has uncompromising commitment to delivering the best on every dimension on product and service.
This encompasses the following areas:
- Proactive – Quality by design approach to all products, services, and processes at Mobius
- Preventive – Systematic avoidance of problems and variability through inspection, maintenance, and controls, rigorously applied at all points in the value chain – from suppliers to internal processes to customer touchpoints
- Reactive – Rapid corrective actions focused on identification and rectification of root causes, rapidly mobilizing cross-functional teams at Mobius to analyse and resolve problems
Every member of the Quality team takes responsibility for supporting the business needs above, which may require expanding responsibilities as needed, additional learning, and tackling new professional challenges beyond what is reflected in this Job Description.
Functional Areas and Responsibilities
- Inspection Criteria: Develop quality operations standardised work to reflect the current best practice.
- Process Standardization: Standardise the quality inspection procedures and ensure that they are being followed by the quality team members.
- SOS /JES Improvement: Drive continuous improvement of standardized work by continuously looking for efficiency improvements and aligning the content to protect the customer.
- Production Inspection: Ensure that defects are being captured accurately and that the Plant Quality Metrics are being communicated daily to Plant Leadership.
- Quality Reports: Prepare the required quality reports to assist the organisation to understand the Quality Performance and prioritise problem solving initiatives by collecting, analysing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Defects Escalation: Ensure that the Alarm Escalation Processes are being followed, defects are Quality Operations Supervisor 2 of 3 Mobius Motors being documented and the reaction plans are being executed by Production.
- Recruiting: Actively engage with the Human resource department in the recruitment process of the quality team members.
- Training: Teach and coach team members on standardised work in quality operation organization to achieve consistent application.
- Team Building: Organize bonding activities to ensure the team is highly motivated, with a common goal to help the organization become a lean world class manufacturer.
- Development: Identify areas of training for the team members to ensure growth and multi-skills nurturing.
- Budgeting: Achieve financial objectives by planning quality operations budget, scheduling expenditure, analysing variances and initiating corrective actions.
- Materials & Consumables Control: Ensure appropriate use of the quality resources and eliminate or reduce wastes.
- Database Management: Constantly ensure that the quality database is up to date and accessible.
- Standing-in: Stand in for Quality Team Members when they are not available to fulfil their duties.
- Play a Cross functional Role: Support the overall objectives of the company by working with other teams as an when needed.
Knowledge, skills and any other information required to be successful in this role.
Knowledge & Skills Description
Academic & Professional
- BSc. Manufacturing/mechanical/automotive/Industrial Engineering
Functional Knowledge & Skills
- 5 years of experience in managing a team in the manufacturing industry, experience in the automotive industry will be an advantage
- 5 to 10 years of experience in different roles in quality in the manufacturing industry, automotive industry will be an advantage
- 5 years of experience in different roles in production in the manufacturing industry will be an advantage, motor industry will also be an advantage
- In-depth knowledge in automotive operations and manufacturing
- Understanding of QMS and lean manufacturing
- Proficiency in Micro-soft applications
- Attention to detail
- Must be able to speak, read and write fluently in English and converse in Swahili
- Be a good listener
- Able to build a cohesive team
- Good communication skills
- High interpersonal skills
- High organisational skills
- Positive minded and problem solver
How to Apply
Email your CV and application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline is 15th April 2020.