Overview: Designed, engineered and built in Kenya, Mobius Motors sells highly durable, highly affordable vehicles for Africa’s mass market. Versatile, rugged and durable, it is designed for African cities whilst still being extremely capable off-road.
We are seeking to hire an exceptional Receiving Inspector interested in a truly unique entrepreneurial opportunity to create impact on a global scale as part of our Quality Team.
The Quality team ensures that Mobius Motors has uncompromising commitment to delivering the best on every dimension on product and service.
This encompasses the following areas:
- Proactive – Quality by design approach to all products, services, and processes at Mobius
- Preventive – Systematic avoidance of problems and variability through inspection, maintenance, and controls, rigorously applied at all points in the value chain – from suppliers to internal processes to customer touchpoints
- Reactive – Rapid corrective actions focused on identification and rectification of root causes, rapidly mobilizing cross-functional teams at Mobius to analyse and resolve problems
Every member of the Quality team takes responsibility for supporting the business needs above, which may require expanding responsibilities as needed, additional learning, and tackling new professional challenges beyond what is reflected in this Job Description.
Functional Areas and Responsibilities
- Parts Inspection: Inspect parts against drawing to determine if they conform to specifications.
- Feedback: Provide feedback through reports on the conformant and rejected parts.
Component Segregation, Rework & Scrap
- Quarantine & Segregation: Work with Warehouse Officers to ensure rejected parts are properly segregated.
- Rework: Collaborate with Design Engineers to determine if rejected parts can be reworked.
- Oversee rework of these components inhouse or at supplier.
- Scrap: Prepare scrap list of components that cannot be reused or reworked.
- Problem Solving: Assist Supplier Quality Engineer in executing root cause analyses and action plans of quality issues.
- Quality Spills: Assist in investigation of quality spill through root cause analyses, formal reporting & implementation of counter measures.
- Continuous Improvement: Collaborate with other teams to identify opportunities for supplier quality and productivity improvement.
Knowledge, skills and any other information required to be successful in this role.
Knowledge & Skills Description
Academic & Professional
- Diploma in Mechanical/automotive/industrial Engineering
Functional Knowledge & Skills
- 5 years of experience as a Quality Inspector in the manufacturing industry, experience in the motor industry will be an advantage
- 5 plus years experience as an assembler in the motor industry will be an advantage
- Able to effectively use measuring equipment
- Understand problem solving techniques
- Able to conduct Root Cause Analysis
- Prowess in analytical skills
- Able to identify Continuous Improvement opportunities
- Good report writing & presentation skills
- Data manipulation and analysis skills
- Automotive experience in production as well as support functions
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Must be able to speak, read and write fluently in English and converse in Swahili
- Patience & Persistence
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication skills
- Attention to details
- Team player in a cross functional set up
- High integrity and ethics
How to Apply
Email your CV and application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline is 15th April 2020.