Maintenance Technician – Electrical
Overview: Designed, engineered and built in Kenya, Mobius Motors sells highly durable, highly affordable vehicles for Africa’s mass market. Versatile, rugged and durable, it is designed for African cities whilst still being extremely capable off-road.
We are seeking to hire an exceptional Maintenance Technician – Electrical interested in a truly unique entrepreneurial opportunity to create impact on a global scale as part of our Production Team.
The Production team ensures that Mobius Motors executes a rigorous, efficient manufacturing process to deliver product on time, first-time right, and at the right cost.
This encompasses the following areas:
- Process – Own Manufacturing processes (cyclic and non-cyclic) by providing input for best practises and follow them.
- Operations – Ensure that production schedules are met at cost, on time, at the required quality and safety levels.
- Team Responsibility – Play a positive part in creating a work environment that fosters a motivated team and a sense of belonging.
Every member of the Production team takes responsibility for supporting the business needs above, which may require expanding responsibilities as needed, additional learning, and tackling new professional challenges beyond what is reflected in this Job Description.
Functional Areas and Responsibilities
- Projects: Take ownership of projects, execute to agreed timelines and standards and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Total Productive Maintenance: Execute preventative maintenance tasks as per schedule in a safe and efficient manner.
- In-House Strategy: Help to install, maintain and repair electrical, electromechanical and electronic parts of machinery and equipment.
- Root Cause Analyses: Test solid-state circuitry to determine defective components in analogue and digital equipment along with defective parts replacement.
- Repairs: Repair and replace defective components in motors, generators, controllers, storage batteries, switchboards, conductors, switches and varied electrical fixtures, etc.
- Continuous Improvement: Implement continuous improvement initiatives and processes to drive operational efficiency (cost), quality & safety by reducing waste.
- Health & Safety: Strictly adhere to and enforce OSHA 2007, local regulations and company policy.
- Housekeeping: Maintain a clean and organised work environment.
- Teamwork: Work cross functionally with different teams to achieve Company goals.
- Attendance: Maintain a brilliant attendance record by being on time every day.
- Performance Management: Take part in the company performance management system to create alignment of expectations, mutual understanding of actual performance, and support means to improve performance.
- Training: Be prepared to assist with the training of new team members to the current work instructions.
- Cost: Perform routine and preventive maintenance tasks for sustained plant performance and assist with capital projects.
- Continuous Improvement: Support generated company initiatives & ideas in reducing costs.
Knowledge, skills and any other information required to be successful in this role.
Knowledge & Skills Description
Academic & Professional Qualifications
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering
- PLC programming experience will be an added advantage
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
Functional Knowledge & Skills
- 5 years working in maintenance in a production facility; a recognised major automotive manufacturer will be an added advantage
- Interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills
- Creative thinker that can work under pressure
- Fluent in written and spoken English and spoken Swahili
- Be a good listener
- Can work with third party companies
How to Apply
Apply at firstname.lastname@example.org