National AIDS Control Council (NACC)
Career Opportunity: Programme Officer (Research)
The National AIDS Control Council (NACC) is a state Corporation whose mission is to provide policy and strategic framework for mobilizing and coordinating resources for the prevention of HIV transmission and provision of care and support to the infected and affected people in Kenya.
More details of our mandate and contacts can be found in the website www.nacc.or.ke.
In our efforts to fulfil this mandate, the NACC seeks to recruit suitable candidates to fill the following vacancy:
Job Title: Programme Officer (Research)
Reports to: Head, Research
Grade: NACC 4
Department: Policy, Monitoring & Research
Business Purpose / Objective: This position entails development, implementation and review of the Kenya HIV Research Agenda to ensure effective translation of research into local policy and practice. Also entails provision of support in multi-sectoral coordination of research stakeholders in Kenya as well as dissemination of research products in local, regional and international conferences in alignment to the HIV strategic framework across all levels.
1. Coordinate development and review of the HIV research agenda.
2. Coordinate development and review of HIV research strategy
3. Coordinate establishment and operationalization of research coordination mechanisms
4. Coordinate establishment and operationalization of the Kenya HIV research hub
5. Coordinate mobilization of resources for implementation of the research agenda and strategy.
6. Coordinate institutions engaged in HIV research.
7. Document and disseminate HIV research findings and best practices in HIV programming.
- Master’s degree in Social Sciences, Statistics, Epidemiology or closely related field
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Public Health or closely related field
- Have a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in multi-dimensional HIV prevention work in a multi-actor setting; three (3) years of which should be experience in working experience in HIV Research.
1. IT proficiency
2. Analytical skills
3. Strategic planning and policy making skills
4. Interpersonal and communication skills
5. Leadership skills
The above positions are on three (3) year renewable contact basis subject to satisfactory performance through a formal appraisal.
The individuals recruited shall be of high integrity and able to work within a team.
In addition to the indicated requirements all candidates will be required to meet the expectations of Chapter 6 on Leadership and Integrity.
This will include but is not limited to getting the following clearances:
- Certificate of Good Conduct
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti – Corruption Commission on Integrity for Public Servants
- Certificate of Compliance from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) Tax Compliance Clearance
- Certificate of Clearance from the Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
If you fulfil the above requirements, you are invited to submit an application letter together with an up to date CV, copies of certificates, testimonials, names and contacts of three professional referees in a sealed envelope by 5:00 p.m on Tuesday, March 31, 2020 to the address provided below.
National AIDS Control Council
Landmark Plaza 9th Floor
P.O. Box 61307, 00200
NACC is an equal opportunity employer and does NOT discriminate any applicant on the basis of their HIV status, ethnic background, sex, religion, disability, or marital status yet is attentive to gender, regional and ethnic balance.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.