National AIDS Control Council (NACC)
Career Opportunity: Programme Officer (Research)
The National AIDS Control Council (NACC) is a state Corporation whose mission is to provide policy and strategic framework for mobilizing and coordinating resources for the prevention of HIV transmission and provision of care and support to the infected and affected people in Kenya.
More details of our mandate and contacts can be found in the website www.nacc.or.ke.
In our efforts to fulfil this mandate, the NACC seeks to recruit suitable candidates to fill the following vacancy:
Job Title: Programme Officer (Statistician / Modeller)
Reports to: Head, Monitoring & Evaluation
Grade: NACC 4
Department: Policy, Monitoring & Research
Business Purpose / Objective: The holder of this position will facilitate addressing of data modeling and related analytical needs of the HIV program in the country (both at National and County level) in line with KASF and the M&E Framework.
The holder will be expected to undertake the following broad roles and responsibilities:
i. Develop Annual Country and County HIV Estimates (and Sub-County as appropriate).
ii. Provide technical guidance and support on priority data collection and surveys in fulfilment of M&E Framework requirements; and develop Surveillance System Methodologies as appropriate.
iii. Provide data analytical support to the National Monitoring and Evaluation and the NACC in review of all relevant studies and surveys.
iv. Regularly analyze data from various data sets, studies and surveys and develop reports to inform decision making and planning at various levels.
v. Build and strengthen capacity within NACC and the Country (both National and County level) to conduct data modeling in addressing the information requirements of KASF and the country’s M&E Framework.
vi. To provide costed plans, and the associated funding proposals, on priority data modeling needs to facilitate resource mobilisation.
- Master’s and Bachelor’s degree in mathematical/statistical modelling Econometrics, biostatistics, medical statistics or any other closely related fields
- In addition, the candidate will be expected to have studied/been trained in one or more of the common computing analytical tools such as SAS, STATA and R.
The holder of this position will be expected to have experience of at least five (5) years in statistical modeling, using common computing analytical tools such as SAS, STATA and R; and writing the related technical analytical reports to support decision making. Specific experience in modeling HIV and Health related data and writing the related technical analytical reports is required.
- High level understanding of HIV policy and strategy issues in Kenya
- Understanding of rights-based approaches in strategy development.
- Fluency in written and verbal communication including in cross-cultural contexts.
- Ability to coordinate multi-sectoral engagements
The above positions are on three (3) year renewable contact basis subject to satisfactory performance through a formal appraisal.
The individuals recruited shall be of high integrity and able to work within a team.
In addition to the indicated requirements all candidates will be required to meet the expectations of Chapter 6 on Leadership and Integrity.
This will include but is not limited to getting the following clearances:
- Certificate of Good Conduct
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti – Corruption Commission on Integrity for Public Servants
- Certificate of Compliance from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) Tax Compliance Clearance
- Certificate of Clearance from the Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
If you fulfil the above requirements, you are invited to submit an application letter together with an up to date CV, copies of certificates, testimonials, names and contacts of three professional referees in a sealed envelope by 5:00 p.m on Tuesday, March 31, 2020 to the address provided below.
National AIDS Control Council
Landmark Plaza 9th Floor
P.O. Box 61307, 00200
NACC is an equal opportunity employer and does NOT discriminate any applicant on the basis of their HIV status, ethnic background, sex, religion, disability, or marital status yet is attentive to gender, regional and ethnic balance.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.