The Nairobi Hospital, a leading health care institution in Eastern Africa has excellent career opportunities for individuals who possess a passion for excellence, strong work ethic, are results oriented and committed to continual improvement.
The successful candidates will be team players with the ability to effectively add value to enabling good patient outcomes and shape best clinical and non-clinical practice.
Reporting to the Lead Radiotherapist, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following amongst others:
- Manage and treat diseases in patients by administering radiation treatments.
- Computerized treatment planning and dose calculations.
- Treatment delivery.
- Preparing appropriate moulds for patient therapy.
- Implementing, managing dosimetry, and beam delivery aspects.
- Brachytherapy planning.
- Provide assurance of accurate delivery of prescribed radiation doses and associated risks.
- Patient education and counselling.
- Ensure safety radiation protection of patient and other staff members within the department.
- Developing and implementing protocols of care.
- Quality Assurance tests of radiotherapy equipment to ensure compliance with quality standards, radiation safety and security policies.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- BSc (Honours) in Medical Physics
- Sc. in Physics /Medical Physics will be an added advantage.
- Registered member of a recognized Medical Physics Association & eligible for licensing from the Kenya Radiation Protection Board.
- Proof of clinical training in Medical Physics
- Minimum of 1 year experience as a Medical Physicist.
- Experience in brachytherapy treatment is preferred.
- In-depth understanding of Radiation Dosimetry
- Proficiency in VMAT/IMRT treatment planning
How to Apply
If your background, experience and competence match the above specifications, please send us your application (cover letter & CV/Resume) quoting the job reference number and to reach the undersigned not later than 10th April 2020.
Your CV/Resume MUST include full names and contact details of 3 referees.
We shall ONLY accept ONLINE applications and contact SHORTLISTED candidates.
The Nairobi Hospital does not charge any money throughout the recruitment process.
Human Resources Director
The Nairobi Hospital
P. O. Box 30026 – 00100
The Nairobi Hospital does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, or training).