National Bank – A Subsidiary of KCB Group Plc.
Job Ref No. HR/040/2020
Position Title: Head Islamic Banking Credit
Reporting to: Director Credit
Position Scope: Reporting to the Director Credit the role holder will be responsible for credit approvals for Islamic Banking business loans through analysis of credit applications in accordance with the Bank’s lending policies, Shariah law, CBK Prudential Guidelines and best practice to achieve quality growth in the retail asset book in line with the strategic plans.
- Evaluate and approve shariah compliant credit proposals (new, renewals, one offs, permanent, amendments, cancellations, etc.) received from Islamic Banking department in line with specific credit guidelines as set within existing policy/manual/product documents, understanding of market, industry, economic factors, financial statements, etc., and recommending those beyond DLA for consideration
- Verify & analyze credit information, documentation such as bank statements, financials, etc. provided by RMs/Customers, and seek clarification, if needed from other sources, liaise with RM for queries, additional information / documents, business recommendations for deviations, if needed.
- Visit clients/Centers/Branches, independently or with RMs/Manager as part of the evaluation of credit proposals for better understanding of the client, business and market
- Review on a periodic basis, a sample of credit decisions made by Credit authority holders within the unit
- Attend to Audit requirements and provide responses to audit remarks/ensure rectification thereof in respect of Personal Credit Department
- Monitor Islamic Banking portfolio for renewals, limits dropping, early vintage performance, migration and PAR
- Monitor compliance with TAT and other service level agreements
- Support creation of New Policy and Manuals, continuous streamline and update of existing Credit Policies and Manual
- Support creation and update of new and existing product standards and guidelines for the Personal product programs
- Manage and oversee team performance through performance planning, coaching and performance tools availed by the Bank to maintain a high performance culture
- Motivate and inspire the team by providing information and tools needed to carry out their jobs and meet customer expectations.
Qualifications, Experience, Skills & Personal Attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science or related fields from a recognized institution.
- Certified Public Accountant ( CPA- K) or its equivalent
- Eight (8) years’ experience in Credit function out of which 5 years should be at Head or senior management level handling Islamic Banking in a financial institution.
- Business acumen/ commercial awareness; ability to thoroughly and independently assess business strategies, alignment and implementation plans.
- Leading teams; capable of empowering and leading teams to meet Bank goals
- Leading change; proven change management capability to drive and align teams to strategy.
- Innovation; able to keep up with trends of meeting the demands of internal and external customers and controls thereof.
- Collaboration; forms business partnerships that help drive the Bank’s agenda.
- Multi-tasking; able to manage several concurrent assignments and prioritize demands
- Flexibility and adaptability; ability to keep pace with latest industry trends
- Excellent communication skills; articulate in communicating to both internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Analytical; capable of managing numerous information sources and providing data analysis reports to multiple stakeholders.
- Proven planning, organization and execution skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent decision-making and leadership capabilities
- Customer and Stake holder management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and within strict deadlines
- Entrepreneurial/Commercial mind-set
- Computer Literacy
How to Apply:
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your ability to meet the criteria for the above role, please submit your application including copies of your academic and professional certificates, testimonials and your curriculum vitae through the link provided below.
Please indicate your current position, current remuneration, email and telephone contacts of three (3) referees familiar with your qualifications and work experience.
To be considered, submit your application on or before by 3rd April 2020.
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the next stage/s of the recruitment and selection process.
National Bank of Kenya is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Let us grow together