National Bank – A Subsidiary of KCB Group Plc.
Job Ref No. HR/026/2020
Position Title: Head Risk Management
Available position: 1
Reporting to: Director Risk
Position scope: The successful candidate will be responsible for risk management across the Bank and provide leadership, advice and guidance in all matters relating to risk management as well as ensuring adequate mitigating controls are in place which manage overall risk exposure to within limits set by the Board.
- Develop and implement an ICT Risk Management Framework
- Managing the implementation of all aspects of the risk department i.e. operational risk, market risk, ICT risk and lending risk- this include but not limited to implementation of processes, tools and systems to identify, assess, measure, manage, monitor and report risks.
- Planning, designing and implementing an overall risk management process and monitoring the management of all risks, thereby ensuring the overall effectiveness of the process of corporate governance through the Risk Management Framework.
- Assisting in the development of and managing processes to identify and evaluate business areas’ risks and control self-assessments as well as managing the process for developing risk policies and procedures, risk limits and approval authorities.
- On-going monitoring of the risk-taking activities and risk exposures to ensure they are in line with the board-approved risk appetite, risk limits and corresponding capital or liquidity needs.
- Establishing an early warning or trigger system for breaches of the bank’s risk appetite or limits and influencing and, when necessary, challenging material risk decisions; and being actively engaged in the process of setting risk measures and limits for the various business lines and monitoring their performance relative to risk-taking and limit adherence.
- Developing Stress Test programs and conducting quantitative and qualitative analysis, using stress tests and scenario analyses to better understand potential risk exposures under a variety of adverse circumstances as well as Conducting compliance & risk assessments.
- Managing the corporate risk and control assessment reporting process as well as manage and maintain infrastructure elements (e.g. management reporting, including reporting to senior management).
- Monitoring of loan and investment portfolio quality as well as stress testing of the Bank’s financial variables in relation to environmental changes and impact on Bank’s performance.
- Risk reporting to the Board of Directors on a quarterly basis and ensuring that business lines comply with risk parameters and prudential limits established by the board as well as supporting the board in its implementation, review and approval of the enterprise-wide risk governance framework.
- Cascade the proper risk management practices to the staff members in the organization with the aim of having a proper bank-wide Risk Awareness culture and developing and managing the business continuity processes as well as lead on related projects.
- Developing and actively engaging the business units in the development, testing for robustness and the implementation of the Bank’s Business Continuity Plan.
Skills & Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Financial Risk Management, Finance, Accounting or related field from a recognized institution
- A master’s degree in business related field
- Professional qualification risk management
- Eighty (8) years’ work experience with at least three (3) years extensive experience in risk management in the banking sector or any financial institution.
- Must possess proven business development skills, knowledge of the overall business marketplace.
- Proven strong financial analysis and lending risk management.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of ICT, Lending, Operational & Market risks and a complete understanding of the corresponding policies.
- Good understanding of Banking laws and regulations.
How to Apply:
If you believe you meet the criteria given above, please log to the link provided and submit your application with a detailed CV addressed to the Director Human Resources by Friday, 3rd April 2020.
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the next stage/s of the recruitment and selection process.
National Bank of Kenya is an Equal Opportunity Employer