National Bank – A Subsidiary of KCB Group Plc.
Job Ref No. HR/042/2020
Position Title: Senior Manager, Corporate Credit
Reporting to: Head, Corporate Credit
Position Scope: Reporting to the Head Corporate Credit the role holder is responsible for analysis, approval and management process of corporate credit to facilitate growth of a quality loan book in line with the Bank’s strategic goals.
- Develop and maintain co-operative relationships between all stakeholders in the credit value chain.
- Research and obtain sufficient and appropriate information for evaluating business risk.
- Quality Credit evaluation of credit applications to assess whether the credit risk is consistent with the stated risk appetite position supported by sectoral, single obligor, products, currency, tenor and other limits.
- Review & provide credit recommendation based on sound financial and business justification for deals/proposals within acceptable risk parameters and submit for further review and approval by Director Credit/ Executive/ Board Credit Committee.
- Approval of credit applications within a delegated credit approval limit as advised by Management.
- Increase efficiency in internal business processes, operational controls and risk management. Ensure consistency and maintain decisioning TAT in line with the service level agreements with the different business units.
- Monitoring and control of the Corporate Credit Portfolio by daily reviewing & monitoring of corporate loan portfolio to ensure compliance with post approval conditions, sanctioned limits, Bank policies & recommending inclusion of deteriorating accounts in Early Alert Accounts List.
- Support the implementation of the automation of the entire credit process.
- Support implementation of the standardized process flows.
- Continuously develop staff by providing feedback and relevant training to improve productivity & efficiency.
- Sharing best practise with other Business units, Credit Analysts and Relationship Managers to enhance the Bank’s risk profile.
- Continuously seek to up-skill self through training and proactively seek higher responsibilities
Qualifications, Experience, Skills & Personal Attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science or related fields from a recognized institution.
- Certified Public Accountant ( CPA- K) or its equivalent
- 7 years’ experience in Banking 5 of which should be in Corporate Credit & relationship management at management level.
- Integrity and ensures NBK is not put at reputational risk
- Good understanding of financial statements and ratios, credit reports, personal financial statements
- Resilience – is able to withstand strategic and operational challenges and maintain momentum
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent decision-making and leadership capabilities
- Customer and Stake holder management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and within strict deadlines
- Entrepreneurial/Commercial mind-set
- Computer Literacy
How to Apply:
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your ability to meet the criteria for the above role, please submit your application including copies of your academic and professional certificates, testimonials and your curriculum vitae through the link provided below.
Please indicate your current position, current remuneration, email and telephone contacts of three (3) referees familiar with your qualifications and work experience.
To be considered, submit your application on or before by 3rd April 2020.
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the next stage/s of the recruitment and selection process.
National Bank of Kenya is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Let us grow together