National Bank – A Subsidiary of KCB Group Plc.
Job Ref No. HR/043/2020
Position Title: Senior Manager, Remedial & Recoveries – MSME
Reporting to: Head, Remedial & Recoveries
Position Scope: Reporting to the Head, Remedial & Recoveries the role holder is responsible for the formulation and implementation of recovery strategies on non-performing MMSE loan book in line with the bank’s policy framework.
- Provide visible leadership to the Micro & SME recovery team
- To reduce and maintain the bank’s Micro & SME non-performing loan book within the acceptable ratios in line with the bank’s risk appetite framework.
- To continuously monitor the key recovery outcomes and adopt creative recovery strategies in line with the business needs.
- To proactively provide feedback to the business on products which need to be reviewed in order to mitigate high default risk.
- To coordinate interaction with all support teams to ensure our core objectives are achieved in an effective and efficient manner.
- To undertake and follow-up clients for timely remediation of allocated portfolio by taking appropriate recovery actions in line with policy guidelines.
- To effectively communicate and negotiate with customers on their past due facilities while ensuring that subsequent actions on the facilities, if required, are not unduly delayed.
- Identification and escalation of recovery exceptions on own portfolio to reporting line that require approval or consideration of alternative recovery actions.
- Ensure adherence to all credit recovery processes in the course of working out/managing the assigned portfolio.
- Raising red flags on performance trends and forecasts of certain facilities, or industry sector and initiating pro-active strategies and recommendations of credit policy changes.
- To optimize recovery costs.
Qualifications, Experience, Skills & Personal Attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science or related fields from a recognized institution.
- Certified Public Accountant ( CPA- K) or its equivalent
- 7 years’ experience in Banking 5 of which should be handling Micro & SME recoveries at management level in a financial institution.
- Risk Management
- Strong knowledge of business entity legal structures and risk rating
- Good understanding of financial statements and ratios, credit reports, personal financial statements
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills
- Knowledge of national bank lending policy and CBK prudential guidelines
- Decision making –ability to make operational and routine decisions in a timely and effective manner and to be accountable for decision making within departmental and role allocation -Ability to mentor and coach staff to goal definition and achievement
- Performance Management and team building
- Professionalism – maintains a professional approach based on ethics and NBK values
- Integrity and honesty and ethics- ensures ethical practices and integrity and ensures NBK is not put at reputational risk
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation Skills
- Resilience – is able to withstand strategic and operational challenges and maintain momentum.
- Emotional Intelligence-manages emotions in a mature and composed manner as expected.
How to Apply:
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your ability to meet the criteria for the above role, please submit your application including copies of your academic and professional certificates, testimonials and your curriculum vitae through the link provided below.
Please indicate your current position, current remuneration, email and telephone contacts of three (3) referees familiar with your qualifications and work experience.
To be considered, submit your application on or before by 3rd April 2020.
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the next stage/s of the recruitment and selection process.
National Bank of Kenya is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Let us grow together