Career Directions Limited (CDL) is a leading Human Resource, Recruitment and Consultancy firm specializing in Staff Outsourcing, Sales Outsourcing, Traning, Payroll Management and Psychometric Testing.
Our client Nairobi City Water & Sewerage Company Ltd (NCWSC) is a Water Utility Service Provider mandated to provide clean water and sewerage services to the residents of Nairobi County.
NCWSC seeks to recruit a dynamic, highly motivated and results oriented Managing Director who shall report to the Board of Directors.
Broad Role: To lead the management team of the company and be responsible for the day to day operations in order to provide efficient and effective utility services at optimal cost, be responsible for ordinary expenditure within approved budgets, keep the board informed on performance, prepare corporate plans and budgets and implement board resolutions.
He or she shall represent the management in the board.
Appointment to the position shall be for a period of five years renewable once subject to satisfactory performance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure shareholder and other stakeholders’ value increment through;
- Provision of leadership on the operations and ensure high level of integrity in the Company,
- Communication to the public on the issues of utility services,
- Handling multiple functions and managing extensive human, financial and capital resources
- Ensuring prudent management of Company assets
- Strategy development and implementation
- Driving change management in the Company
Education, Professional Qualifications and Work Experience
- Bachelor & Master’s Degree in Engineering, Finance, Economics or Law.
- 10 years’ experience in utility management
- Must be registered with a relevant professional body.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Strong management, leadership and negotiation skills
- Computer literacy and familiarity with standard office computer applications
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Able to multitask in a fast-paced environment
Shortlisted candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 including;
- Certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations;
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board;
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
- Clearance Report from Credit Reference Bureau
If you believe you meet the relevant criteria for the role stated above, please submit your application including copies of your academic and professional certificates, curriculum vitae and testimonials.
You should also include other details such as your current position, current remuneration, email address and telephone contacts of three (3) referees who are familiar with your qualifications, work experience and abilities.
Applications by email to be sent to:
Career Directions Limited
P.O. Box 19348-00202
Nairobi, Kenya .
The title of the email should read Application for Managing Director Position.
All applications must be received on or before Monday, 23 March 2020.
Nairobi City Water & Sewerage Company Ltd (NCWSC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to Gender equality and diversity.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.