Our Client, in the Banking Industry seeks to hire a Network Administrator.
The Network Administrator will be responsible for maintaining computer networks and solving any problems that may occur with them and supporting a broad base of user applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, databases, etc. and supports specialized banking applications.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Maintaining computer networks and solving any problems that may occur with them.
- Installing and configuring computer networks and systems.
- Maintaining existing software and hardware and upgrading any that have become obsolete.
- Monitoring computer networks and systems to identify how performance can be improved.
- Providing network administration and support with the branches.
- Assessing the company’s need for any and all computing technology and make appropriate recommendations for purchases and upgrades.
- Connecting all relevant technology to the network with secure protocols.
- Assigning profiles to users with permissions and access to various systems and functions on the network.
- Creating training and educational materials to ensure that users understand security protocols, connection procedures, and other necessary information.
- Supporting a broad base of user applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, databases, etc. and supports specialized banking applications.
- Researches the feasibility of new hardware and software and implements as needed.
- Maintaining departmental procedures and documentation, including network diagrams, installation and troubleshooting instructions, and network/server configurations.
- Performing daily monitoring of critical systems in order to prevent major system failures. This includes reviewing system logs and alerts, system resource availability, and informing senior staff of potential system concerns.
- Assisting with the day-to-day review of security logs and implements security improvements. Maintaining awareness of current cyber security threats.
- Maintaining information security for sensitive data.
- Degree from Recognized University, preferably in Computer Science or relevant field.
- Minimum 2 years IT experience.
- Professional, business-focused attitude and a team player.
- Demonstrated proficiency with the design, provisioning and troubleshooting of LAN/WAN connectivity technologies.
- Comprehensive hands on experience with Firewall management preferred.
- Background in Network Security is an added advantage.
- Any certification in security management will be an added advantage.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Ability to operate with limited supervision while completing assigned tasks.
- Ability to organize, track, prioritize and multitask.
Applicants who meet the requirements stated above should send their applications and detailed CVs with a day – time Telephone number to the email address: email@example.com with Network Administrator on the Subject line.
Candidates MUST indicate their Current and Expected salaries.