Norda Industries Limited
Job Title: Senior Sales Executive
Functional Area: Sales and Marketing
Reports to: Sales Manager
Internal: Sales / Marketing Manager / Officers-Marketing / Sales Administrator / Dispatch In charge/ Drivers.
External: Distributors, Wholesalers, Retailers, E-Commerce based distributors, Saloons.
Education and Experience:
- Diploma or Degree in Sales & Marketing or equivalent
- Minimum 3-7 years as Sales Executive in an FMCG company desirable, preferably cosmetics.
Languages: Kiswahili and English.
Any combination of experience and/or education to perform the job allotted.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Awareness of the inputs, activities and outputs related to the job.
- Ability to overcome sales objections and problem resolution
- Ability to keep self updated on the professional developments in the area of work.
- Good Interpersonal skills and presentation skills
- Good team player
- Always on the lookout for business development, orders and opportunities
- Ability to cope with sales targets, time pressure and stress
- Keen observation and analytical capacity.
- Arithmetical ability to show the dealers the benefit they get from selling our products.
- To be open minded and frankly seek directions in case of any doubt from the superior.
- Technical knowledge of the products.
- Maintain confidentiality
- Flexibility to adopt the best
- Pleasing Manners
- Must be a good listener and observer.
- Getting orders and payments from the allotted area
- Establish good business relationships with the customer and their employees
- Be the company representative in the outlets where he or she works
- Be responsible for improving the visibility and the presentation of the brand in the outlets of operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Sales and distribution of the products and compliances with the stipulated terms such as:
- Business Development, bringing new customers on board as per monthly sales targets.
- Listing of the products in all supermarkets.
- Able to provide product technical information to the customers.
- Able to design thinking and provide market information to the company for strategic decisions.
- Follow up on orders status with dispatch & sales admin.
- Follow up on payments as per the agreed credit/cash terms.
- Strictly adhere to company’s processes.
- Ensuring orders are sent on time to the company by the customers.
- Follow up on execution of JBPs agreement.
- Time management and settling of payments collected either in bank or main office after each trip
- Ensure proper visibility of the brands across the trade.
2. Giving details of various goods/services, offers, and terms of sale by visiting customers and/or customers in allotted areas.
3. Creating interest in goods and seeking sale or an agreement to see superiors for further prospecting.
4. Ensure that company products are accessible to all channels in the assigned area
5. Distributing letters, information sheets and other documents to customers as directed by the Sales Manager
6. Market Information to be reported promptly:
- Competitor activities, Price matrix, market presence, market environments, products sold by the dealer, issues raised by dealers
7. Recording notes for follow up-action; assisting in updating the marketing data bases to reflect changes in the status of each dealer.
8. Communicate promptly to superior in case of any issue in performing the allotted tasks and seek directions.
9. Prospecting: Identifying or locating new/prospective dealers and communicate the information in time to superiors
10. Communicates in an open way with
- Colleagues & Subordinates o with the Superiors
- Cooperates well with colleagues
- within the department
- with other parts of the company when necessary
11. Arranging proper product display wherever possible or work closely with the merchandiser in the assigned area
12. Cost effective utilization of the allotted vehicle
13. Plan and arrange route for maximum coverage and efficiency and make periodical visit to the trade as per route plan.
14. Check for any nonconforming products and report promptly to the superior.
15. Maintain good customer relation and retention
16. To perform any other duties as may be assigned by the superiors from time to time
- To take back goods if the customer defaults on agreed payment terms.
- To stop sales of non conforming products.
- To confront inappropriate behaviour from/among the allotted driver and worker and initiate appropriate disciplinary actions inline within the internal rules of the company
- Evidence of demonstrated Process efficiency (achieving targeted sales, providing market information especially the prices of competing products, proper vehicle utilisation, not incurring bad debts, arranging proper display at shops)
- Percentage of goods returned due to unrealised sales and cancelled invoices
- Retention rate of existing customers and rate of increase in new customers
- Interaction/communication with superiors and colleagues
- Incidents of non conformance occurred (root cause on account of the employee).
- Feedback from internal / external customers
How to Apply
Email your application to email@example.com.