One Acre Fund
Program Rotation Specialist
Location: Kakamega, Kenya
Summary: Gain field experience through rotating into a variety of teams including logistics, innovations, and program operations.
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund
We are growing quickly, serving more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa with more than 7,500 full-time staff. We aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020
Our Program Rotation Specialist position is designed to develop new opportunities and fill temporary staffing gaps at the Program Specialist job level. Program Specialists implement projects in the field, translating strategy to direct action to accomplish goals.
A Program Rotation Specialist will typically report directly to a Program Associate for professional development and daily management
Selected Program Rotation Specialists will rotate through a series of field-based postings, followed by a permanent posting or further rotations depending on your interests:
- First 12-24 months: Rotate between multiple ~6-month long posts
- Afterwards: Permanently fill a high priority role of interest for the candidate
Example rotations include:
- Field Operations: This team is the direct service provider to our farmers, building the capacity of our local staff to provide financially sustainable impact to all One Acre Fund farmers. A rotation with Field Operations could include delivering training materials for for 100,000+ farmers or implementing an incentive program to ensure high repayment
- Business Operations: This team builds necessary back-end systems like transaction tracking, client data management, print, procurement, and investigations. A Business Operations rotation could include running a bulk SMS service or piloting a new customer service line
- Logistics: The primary responsibility of our Logistics team is to provide life-changing, high-quality inputs and materials to farmers on time for planting. A rotation with Logistics could include developing improved warehouse management processes for dozens of warehouses
Program Innovations: This team’s goal is to multiply One Acre Fund’s impact on the communities we serve by improving the customer service we provide to those households. Example projects
- could include implementing field tablet trials or helping test out new projects like One Acre Fund-branded agro-dealers
Specific rotation projects and the eventual permanent role for rotational staff are determined by the Program Rotation Manager in collaboration with One Acre Fund leadership.
We see this role as a way to develop future leaders in international development through exposure to a diverse set of organizational needs and a focus on professional development
Career Growth and Development
We have a culture of personal ownership, constant learning, and investment in developing our people.
You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance.
We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals.
You will help shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are looking for professionals with 1 to 3+ years of work experience, and a long-term commitment to our mission.
Candidates who fit the following criteria are encouraged to apply:
- Strong academic background with previous work experience in challenging projects
- Relevant work experience in similar organizations – social enterprise, startups or consulting. Diverse work experience is a plus – working in multiple different departments or industries
- A history of quickly producing impactful results at scale – moving quickly from project start to results
- Desire to work in different geographic locations, in a field setting. For at least 12-18 months, multiple relocations around sub-Saharan Africa are expected and most rotations are field based
- Language: English required, French a plus in Rwanda and Burundi. Swahili-speakers are particularly encouraged to apply
Preferred Start Date: As soon as possible
Job Location: You will rotate depending on organization priorities
Duration: Full-time job
Compensation: Consistent with experience
Benefits: Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
Sponsor International Candidates: No; Must have existing rights to work in one of the listed countries of operation
Application link and Job description: https://grnh.se/3980e8c21us
Application deadline: May 9th, 2020
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com).