We are currently seeking qualified Pastry Chef to join our team in our entertainment facility (GMC Fun Place) based in Kitengela.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare a wide variety of goods following traditional and modern recipes.
- Decorate pastries using different icings, toppings etc.
- Monitor stocks for baking ingredients and make appropriate orders within budget.
- Understand visitors’ preferences and make suggestions based on findings.
- Assist the head chef in coordinating the entire kitchen operation, stewarding, cooks/ prep cooks and the pass during scheduled shifts.
- Estimates food stocks, ordering supplies for the outlets supervise portion control and quantities of preparation to minimize wastage and ensure customer gets value for money.
- Responsible for ensuring an outlet product quality and standard before the product gets to the customer.
- Ensuring FIFO policy is followed.
- Check the quality of the material and condition of equipment and devices used for cooking.
- Maintain a lean and orderly cooking station and adhere to health & safety standards.
- Visiting clients on the table from time to time for quality check and customer service.
- Keeps the head chef fully informed of all rising issues, unusual matters of significance, promptly taking corrective actions where necessary.
- Responsible for orienting, training and coaching and evaluation of new kitchen staff.
- Diploma in culinary arts, pastry-making, baking or relevant field.
- At least 4 years of proven experience as Pastry Chef, baker or relevant role.
- Great attention to detail and creativity.
- In-depth knowledge of sanitation principles, food preparation and baking techniques and nutrition.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team.
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times.
Applications should be sent to email@example.com with “Pastry Chef” being the subject of the email, with detailed CV, names & addresses of three referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: We do not charge any fees for recruitment.