Position: Production Manager
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Our Client, a market leader in providing high quality beneficial sleep solutions is urgently seeking to hire a talented, enthusiastic and well organized Production Manager.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the day-to-day production, maintenance and delivery operations of a multi-shift Plant in accordance with operating procedures and to achieve production, efficiency and quality results.
He/she will lead the production organization to achieve safety, peopledevelopment, implement LEAN concepts, improve quality and optimize production, delivery and productivity goals and objectives by performing the following duties;
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Directly supervises all production and shipping supervisors with respect to safety principles, production, quality of production and cost management
- Will manage daily to meet production schedules and delivery dates.
- Trains, coaches and evaluates supervisory and hourly personnel, ensuring maximum efficiency and productivity,
- Monitors and ensures efficient utilization of equipment and facilities, including housekeeping.
- Confers with Director of Manufacturing in establishing working schedules for all production departments.
- Responsible for creating a safe working environment, ensuing implementation of plant safety policies, procedures and programs and adhering to requirement under OSHA.
- Assures adherence to standard operating practices/methods and maintaining the incentive and day work wage systems.
- Develops and maintains a positive working relationship with hourly workforce – employee relations, discipline and complaint procedures.
- Adheres to budgetary limitations on all departments including maintenance supplies.
- Recommends equipment and/or layout changes, production methods or material handling procedures
- Recommends purchase of new capital equipment.
- Responsible for meeting annual affirmative action goals for hourly staff.
- Any other tasks assigned as per business needs.
Key Competencies & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Manufacturing or equivalent work experience
- Must have at least 5 or more job-related experience in a lean manufacturing environment which must include three years in a supervisory role.
- LEAN and/or Six Sigma experience preferred
- Assembly experience preferred
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good organizational skills
- Good communication skills
- Sound financial management skills
- Problem solving skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Results/execution driven
- Experience in handling issues of complexity in a busy working environment
If you’re up to the challenge, kindly send CV and cover letter only to email@example.com before close of business 13th March 2020.
Clearly indicate the position applied for and expected salary on the subject line.